Is this yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite concerned my 4 1/2 month old beardie has yellow fungus. I could hardly see any yellow color unless I used my phones bright flash light. At first I saw the orange in her beard and then noticed her neck. She’s still eating a lot, and it doesn’t seem she’s changed any of her usual habits. Is this possibly yellow fungus or am I being paranoid? Also I had several pictures and I don’t know how to up load them, any advise / help is greatly appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The beard is natural orange, under her neck looks like it's going in to shed. Everything looks good to me. :)

LucidDragon

Original Poster
AHBD":3khvklas said:
The beard is natural orange, under her neck looks like it's going in to shed. Everything looks good to me. :)

She just shed that part of her chin and she just shed her back legs, Her stomache is still in the process. My concern is she just shed her back legs this past week and it looks like she’s getting ready to shed them again(no color changes on her back legs beside the usual white is shed color) She usually does her head, whole back , tail and her two front legs, then a day or two later her belly and back legs. And it seems to be every other week. However this past shed it was back to back with maybe a 3 day gap instead of a week. I read somewhere that could also be a
sign? You’re response made me feel much less paranoid. Hopefully she’s just growing extremely fast! 106 grams and 12.2 inches right now!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am in full agreement with AHBD, it honestly looks like natural coloring & pigmentation to
me also. They do go through some color changes during their years but especially when
they shed.

Tracie

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
It looks like normal shedding as the other said...If it was fungus, the scales would come off as well - it would more than shed. If you have the stomach for it, you can go through some of my old post - look for the ones about Evee. She was a rescue I had that had yellow fungus among other issues (including a broken, infected jaw). She was my baby and I did everything I could do treat her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom