Popping/cracking tail and back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince5595

Hi guys.

My beardie is about 9 months and seemingly healthy. He eats good and I feed him multi vitamins from PetSmart.

Today I was giving him a bath and rubbed his tail. I pulled on it very lightly and it felt like a human back cracking. I pulled lightly again to see what it was and his whole back and tail seemed to crack.

He didn't seem hurt and dint make a noise or move. Has been normal since. I feel terrible for possibly being too rough and worried.

Is this normal?

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Well, I do not know if it is normal, but one of my dragons had a base of spine (at the beginning of her tail) crack every time she pooped. It never seemed to bother her, and she never developed an issue with that area. She grew into a robust girl at a total of 535 grams, and a length of 18.5 inches and lived for 10 years. So I can tell you I had a similar issue with no health concerns what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom