How often do you change out bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a repti basking spot lamp 50w and Zoo Med Reptisun 46" T5 HO 10.0 UVB.

I was wondering how often I should change out the basking bulb and UVB bulb? Or should it be okay until the bulb goes out?

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
T5s last longer than t8s
T8s= change every 6months
T5s=change every 12months
Even though they will still look the same way light wise after these times they will not be producing the same levels of uvb anymore and your dragon will not be getting enough uvb after that amount of time

As far as the basking bulb - I’m actually unsure. I presume it’s just when it’s no longer giving you good temps and the basking spot temp is not where it should be anymore
I was wondering the same thjg last night as I haven’t had to face that yet (I’m on my first dragon)

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
With my former dragon, I always used a MVB - I'm new to this t5 and basking bulb world, but love being able to use a thermostat! For basking, you are just looking for heat production - your t5 will cover the full spectrum light component. So, as long as it is producing visible light and heat, you should he good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom