SUFFOCATING/TROUBLE BREATHING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely keep a close eye on him, to be sure his breathing doesn't get any worse.
I hope he is feeling better soon.
Sure, a few smaller waxworms would be fine. Pureed squash or carrots are fine, just use a
plastic dropper or syringe to drop onto his nose to see if he licks that off.
I wouldn't mist the tank too much though, as that can cause mold/fungal issues or raise the
humidity too much in some cases.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Oxymiocysu

Original Poster
Good news, he seems to be almost entirely back to normal! I'll still leave him be for a day or so but I haven't seen any problems. :)
I'll try some wax worms (if he'll take them) and carrots while keeping a very close eye on him.
He pooed again this morning, so I'm assuming he had lots in 'stored up' to digest. The carrots should help things move along in there.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's excellent news !! I do think he had a bit too much to eat or maybe just an upset tummy for some reason and it was coming back up the digestive tract . Hopefully that's all it was. :)

Oxymiocysu

Original Poster
Hopefully! That's kind of strange though since he didn't eat much leading up to that. Regardless I'm relieved that whatever it was seems to be over with! :)
Today he was very dark, hasn't returned to his normal coloration yet. I think that his coloration will be a good sign as to when he's feeling completely better.

Since I haven't said much about him other than that he's sick, here he is! His name is Saturn and he's one of the two baby beardies I kept from a large clutch (25) I cared for. I've raised him since momma laid her eggs! :)
101933-6284794970.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful, I hope he gets back to normal real soon. :D
It's hard to know exactly what goes wrong sometimes, but if he is doing better, he probably
did have an upset tummy.
I hope that he continues to get better. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Oxymiocysu

Original Poster
This morning he was puffed up with air and did the throat thing again, but just once. Almost like a 'haha, got you!'. It's concerning, but other than that things have been good so far.
I'll continue to update if more happens.
Thanks so much for your help guys :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news to hear! I hope that he's feeling better then. If the incidences of
puffing up, breathing problems, etc have decreased then hopefully he is doing better &
doesn't have a respiratory infection.
Has he eaten anything today? Keep us posted on Saturn's progress, it sounds like he is
doing just fine now. They all can get a digestion or tummy problem from time to time, just
like people do.

Tracie

Oxymiocysu

Original Poster
It's been a while since I last posted and I'd just like to let you all know he's doing great! No more tummy troubles or breathing concerns. All back to normal! :)
I'll post again if something comes up but fingers crossed this will be the last of it!
Thanks so much for all your help and advice guys. Much appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom