What is this? please :|

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

What is this? please :|

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 pm

I was patting my little darling, I thought do a little check on belly, between her fingers and toes, teeth etc but near her bum I see these little dots - this is the first I’ve noticed it, I didn’t see it 4 days ago but today - so what is this? please :| [Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What is this? please :|

Postby Gormagon » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Looks like femoral pores to me, I see nothing else out of the ordinary!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 am

thank you :) and is JIMMIA still a girl? or she a boy? please :)
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:54 am

Yeah femoral pores. They exist on males and females. She still looks female to me.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 am

thank you :) what is femoral pores? what do I have to do? please, any signs I should slowly look at? will it heal? sorry :|
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby NBGwen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 am

JIMMIA wrote:thank you :) what is femoral pores? what do I have to do? please, any signs I should slowly look at? will it heal? sorry :|

Femoral pores are totally normal and are not an injury or illness. They are just another part of beardie biology. https://www.thesprucepets.com/femoral-pores-1239376
"I want the freedom to carve and chisel my own face, to staunch the bleeding with ashes, to fashion my own Gods from my entrails." - Gloria Anzualdua
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 am

The tail has to be arched to determine the sex. Put her flat on a table + arch the tail straight up.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby AHBD » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:37 am

Looking like a male. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 am

no no no :( but oh well, I will still love him or her, she going be my best friend and class them 'my little darling' :) can they change sex? would he get dominate at me because I'm a male? like when have a dog - you can either be or not a alpha male? as I already been the alpha male when my girl was alive, so he won't get aggressive at mum? of my brother if they try pick him up still ? :)
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:51 am

AHBD wrote:Looking like a male. :)

Yup, this is the best picture I've seen of Jimmia, to determine what sex. Well It looks as if JIM doesn't like this whole "grabbing his tail thing", LOL!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Gormagon wrote:
AHBD wrote:Looking like a male. :)

Yup, this is the best picture I've seen of Jimmia, to determine what sex. Well It looks as if JIM doesn't like this whole "grabbing his tail thing", LOL!!!

thank you :) will she, I mean he lol - will get big? I know depends on her I mean his parents haha :)
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:34 am

Genetics has a lot to do with it but, other factors play a big role in the growth of your dragon. Feeding schedules, types of food, well you get the picture, lol!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby AHBD » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:33 pm

How old is he ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 pm

I’ve had her since the 8th of May 2018, but she was about a month old so she could be about 9 9 and half months :)

POST EDIT

this when I first got her :) [Click image to enlarge]

this was about 2 weeks ago :) [Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health