Introducing Calcifer, the Adopted BD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

This is Calcifer, my adopted bearded dragon. He is about 3 years old.
100494-7138157589.jpg

I did research for about a month before I got him. I knew that I wanted to adopt an adult. I found a family in my neighborhood giving him away for free to a good home. My husband and I went to take a look at him, and we brought him home that day.

I wouldn't really call him a "rescue," per se. His conditions weren't ideal, though. He was in a 20-ish gallon tank with loose substrate and a CFL UVB bulb (on top of the mesh lid). They meant well; they just had some false information, such as: they will grow to the size of their enclosure (which is why they wanted to keep the tank smaller); they don't have teeth; mealworms are okay to eat; pooping every two weeks or so is okay. They said that if they were intending to keep him that they would have bought the larger enclosure.

Details on his background are sketchy. He used to be a classroom pet of one of the sons, and he got to take the BD home at the end of the year. This family had him for about a year. Hence the estimate of 3 years old.

He is now in a 75 gallon tank with tile substrate and proper light and heating.

I love him and have no regrets about adopting him.
100494-4785855990.jpg
100494-2944120672.jpg
100494-6551795686.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
A good looking Dragon indeed!!!! May you and Calcifer have many happy adventures together!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom