How to use linoleum in tank ? Newbie

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

How to use linoleum in tank ? Newbie

Postby Laylac123 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:48 am

I have no idea what to use as a substrate in the geogeous tank were setting up ,.
I lile the looks of and seemingly ease of cleaning from lenoleum , especially sand color but ,...
Where do I get this from ?
How do I cut it to size?
Is it hard? ( if so ,... how so you get it in and out of tank with a snug enough fit ?
TIA !
Jamie and Layla
Laylac123
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: How to use linoleum in tank ? Newbie

Postby Terry15 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:01 pm

You could PM a user named “MarlowAndMe” she just did her tank with linoleum. She said it’s a roll of thin linoleum, but she loves it. I’ve been using a roll of non adhesive shelf liner. Both are easy cleaning, and bugs can’t hide under it.
Terry15
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Laylac123 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:16 pm

I will thank you I’ve already been messaging her !
Laylac123
Newbie Poster

Postby Terry15 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:38 pm

She’s in New Zealand, so she might be asleep.
Terry15
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
Drache613

Postby Disslusive » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi, I just added linoleum as a flooring a few weeks ago.

You have to find linoleum without an adhesive backing, as the heat in the enclosure could heat up a glue product and create toxins.

I found mine at RONA here in Canada. Got way more than I needed for about $40 CAD.

The I just took the roll home measured the floor of the enclosure and cut out the linoleum with a box cutter style knife. The product is flexible, you will need to hold7it down while measuring/cutting!

Cut a little larger than you think you will need you can always trim once you place it in and see where it's too big.
Disslusive
Newbie Poster

Postby MarlowAndMe » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:14 pm

I’m in a different country so I’m unsure what the shop names you can purchase from are sorry but I assume there will be many places :)
Buy the type on a roll , not the self adhesive tiles as the glue is not safe. Just use a ruler and a craft knife to cut it and just sit it in the viv - super easy :) I have not siliconed mine in for two reasons- wade of changing it out for another piece , and ease of cleaning if I ever need to take it out and steamer it if parasites occur
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures