How to use linoleum in tank ? Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laylac123

I have no idea what to use as a substrate in the geogeous tank were setting up ,.
I lile the looks of and seemingly ease of cleaning from lenoleum , especially sand color but ,...
Where do I get this from ?
How do I cut it to size?
Is it hard? ( if so ,... how so you get it in and out of tank with a snug enough fit ?
TIA !
Jamie and Layla

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
You could PM a user named “MarlowAndMe” she just did her tank with linoleum. She said it’s a roll of thin linoleum, but she loves it. I’ve been using a roll of non adhesive shelf liner. Both are easy cleaning, and bugs can’t hide under it.

Disslusive

Hi, I just added linoleum as a flooring a few weeks ago.

You have to find linoleum without an adhesive backing, as the heat in the enclosure could heat up a glue product and create toxins.

I found mine at RONA here in Canada. Got way more than I needed for about $40 CAD.

The I just took the roll home measured the floor of the enclosure and cut out the linoleum with a box cutter style knife. The product is flexible, you will need to hold7it down while measuring/cutting!

Cut a little larger than you think you will need you can always trim once you place it in and see where it's too big.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I’m in a different country so I’m unsure what the shop names you can purchase from are sorry but I assume there will be many places :)
Buy the type on a roll , not the self adhesive tiles as the glue is not safe. Just use a ruler and a craft knife to cut it and just sit it in the viv - super easy :) I have not siliconed mine in for two reasons- wade of changing it out for another piece , and ease of cleaning if I ever need to take it out and steamer it if parasites occur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom