HE’S HERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheduled delivery before 12:00 and he got here at 11:56! Ugh. The wait was aweful!! But he’s here!!!! He looked so uncomfortable in the container but he was bright eyed and alert with no stress marks. He’s now chillin in his viv getting all warmed up and looking around at his new digs. He’s gorgeous!!!

67911-7879057391.jpg
67911-4586792439.jpg
67911-1530822148.jpg
67911-8182213222.jpg

peachypink

Original Poster
Thank you! I am obsessed with his white! I love it!!

He is so alert and active. In the 2 and a half hours he's been here he's explored every inch of his viv and has eaten 8 small dubia, after he warmed up of course. I'm just sitting here watching him explore his new home and trying to get some work done...not much work is getting done though. :D

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
welcome you BEARDIE-FUL (beautiful lol) lizard :) would he be classed a albino? :) it be amazing if had blue eyes :) but anyway best of luck :)

peachypink

Original Poster
JIMMIA":t69cyf3b said:
welcome you BEARDIE-FUL (beautiful lol) lizard :) would he be classed a albino? :) it be amazing if had blue eyes :) but anyway best of luck :)

No, not albino. He’s a Hypo Zero leatherback. His eyes look like any other dragons eyes. I’m head over heals in love with how he looks! I had been searching for a while and always thought my next beardie would be a fire red with high color but then I started seeing the zeros over that last couple months and fell in love! So when I found him, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get him. Breeders are starting to have more of them but the go so quick! This was the only one found that wasn’t already sold. My timing was just right!

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
peachypink":1t0w9n5z said:
JIMMIA":1t0w9n5z said:

No, not albino. He’s a Hypo Zero leatherback. His eyes look like any other dragons eyes. I’m head over heals in love with how he looks! I had been searching for a while and always thought my next beardie would be a fire red with high color but then I started seeing the zeros over that last couple months and fell in love! So when I found him, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get him. Breeders are starting to have more of them but the go so quick! This was the only one found that wasn’t already sold. My timing was just right!

thank you :) yes you're very lucky :) they're such wonderful creatures :) even though JIMMIA is my very first beardie :) this site is awesome for information :) without sounding weird but - what does hypo mean? please, how do they make different colour beardies? Does it mean his parents were white? :) sorry

peachypink

Original Poster
JIMMIA":2nrfs32a said:
peachypink":2nrfs32a said:
JIMMIA":2nrfs32a said:

thank you :) yes you're very lucky :) they're such wonderful creatures :) even though JIMMIA is my very first beardie :) this site is awesome for information :) without sounding weird but - what does hypo mean? please, how do they make different colour beardies? Does it mean his parents were white? :) sorry
Let me find the site I know that explains it well and I will share it with you. And I promise I will answer in depth a little later when I have time! I have to go and get ready for the day...

peachypink

Original Poster
JIMMIA":30rhs16e said:
peachypink":30rhs16e said:
JIMMIA":30rhs16e said:

Ok, so hypo means hypomelanistic. It basically means that they have below average color and can be pastelish. They don’t produce super dark colors.

And yes, both his parents were white. One was a Hypo Zero and one was a Hypo Trans Zero. Trans stands for translucent which means some of their scales and skin have a translucent appearance to it. Here are 2 sites that give pretty decent explainations of it. Not the one I was looking for but I’m not on my computer to find that one.

http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/types-of-bearded-dragons.php

https://www.thesprucepets.com/bearded-dragon-morphs-4173672

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
thank you very much :) I think I understand the first link better :) so what would JIMMIA be? please because I feel her skin is a little rough still and she is grey - what would of her parents be? if not mind ask :) I am from Australia personally and I have only seen her shed her skin 3 times in 7 months :| am I doing something wrong?
98861-5787246744.jpg
98861-6402239194.jpg
98861-1647179234.jpg
98861-1594961002.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How exciting for you, I can imagine the excitement as you opened the box. :) He's a beauty, cool looking silvery grey. Good to hear that he's settling in so well !

Just a quick note about morphs, a hypomelanistic dragon can be extremely bright + colorful. What they lack is black pigmentation, so in the reptile world hypo means lacking dark pigment. As for albinos, there are no known living ones. The few that hatched + were photographed did not survive long.

As for Jimmia, she appears to be a normal/standard grey dragon but to be honest those are not all that common anymore. Jimmia is quite beautiful . :)

peachypink

Original Poster
AHBD":2zu3og3u said:
How exciting for you, I can imagine the excitement as you opened the box. :) He's a beauty, cool looking silvery grey. Good to hear that he's settling in so well !

Just a quick note about morphs, a hypomelanistic dragon can be extremely bright + colorful. What they lack is black pigmentation, so in the reptile world hypo means lacking dark pigment. As for albinos, there are no known living ones. The few that hatched + were photographed did not survive long.

As for Jimmia, she appears to be a normal/standard grey dragon but to be honest those are not all that common anymore. Jimmia is quite beautiful . :)

Thank you, unboxing was quite a thrill for me. Lol.

And yes, I like your definition better. Lacking the black pigment. I’m really just learning all the terminology even though I’ve been a keeper for over 10 years. I never really took the time to understand all the different types and morphs. It’s very interesting once you start looking into all of it.

Not that you need me to agree, but I would agree about Jimma as well. Normal scaled for sure and standard grey. But like AHBD said, I haven’t seen that coloration much. She is beautiful. Even searching the breeders for my Zero, I don’t think I came across one of her color. I like it.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
AHBD":ujk1oubm said:

thank you very much :) but I hardly see any dragons running wild anymore, I only usually see house geckos or garden skinks and I've seen a water dragon but they're way different :) sorry :( and when I do a local Gumtree search of beardies in my area, I see this but I dealt they're JIMMIA parents and hardly see any for sale :) so would she look like this when older? :)
98861-7414790075.jpg
98861-2435889780.jpg

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I won't freak out but it be really weird if JIMMIA got this big if that's the bread she is but I'm guessing it's a wild one but it's huge ?
98861-7647785949.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom