Flash's Picture Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am a new beardie owner. I got a baby as an early birthday present. I have had her (I sexed her today, I think it's a girl) for almost a month now. She is a hypo translucent and has citrus like coloring.

Her when I just got her:
101892-7243471155.jpg

Her today:
101892-9257381511.jpg

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MarlowAndMe":1cul7ldc said:
I’m in New Zealand and we have nothing for reptiles here really other than food and caves only large enough for leopard geckos. I have to buy everything overseas unfortunately
Oh. That's too bad. I'll get you the measurements. If you need anything like this again, just ask!

Edit: The measurements are 3.5 inches wide by 2.25 inches tall.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've got embarrassing news (on my part): Flash is a boy!

Edit: Actually, I don't really know. It looks like Flash has 2 faint bumps. You can't see them well. It looks like there is a female bump but on closer inspection there wasn't really a bump.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi! Just giving an update. Flash has been pooping every other day, but the turds are MASSIVE! Absolutely ENORMOUS! I don't know how he fits it all in there! :lol: Also he has been shedding lately. I gave him his first actual bath today, as I usually spray him a lot. He has been hiding for most of the day, getting that sleep in. He sure loves his crickets! We give him an occasional mealworm. I plan on getting B. lateralis roaches (Red Runners) at the next reptile show here in Michigan. It's on the 8th for those of you who care. Anyways, see ya around! (That's to the non-existent audience)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
He is a cute little bugger for sure!!!
I have been watching this thread closely for a bit, lol!!! Until today (I got another dragon), it's been hard to see these cuties without thinking of my 4 yld dragon I lost suddenly in october without tearing up, Peaches had me wrapped around her little cute finger.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":3mms1gq2 said:
He is a cute little bugger for sure!!!
I have been watching this thread closely for a bit, lol!!! Until today (I got another dragon), it's been hard to see these cuties without thinking of my 4 yld dragon I lost suddenly in october without tearing up, Peaches had me wrapped around her little cute finger.
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that!

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think he/she could be a citrus tiger. After looking at more images of hypo trans, I don't think Flash is one of them. I think citrus tiger would be more accurate. As for gender, I have tried the flashlight trick and it looks like Flash could be a girl. The light was not showing a silhouette of 2 bumps.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just got a reptile carpet instead of a sand mat for Flash. He (I don't know the actual gender) has started to bask more lately, this started this week. He had stopped basking for a LONG time and spent most of his time in his cave. He had still eaten like normal though.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Kaelwizard":2blp291n said:
Btw if any of you noticed she has "stress marks." Any ideas as to why? I know they are not always indicators of stress but they are on her beard so Idk.

They'll get the marks when they're soaking up the "sun" as well. Tampico's marks are super brown when she's under the basking lamp and she'll turn white when she's soaked up all that she can or wants. Unless they're super dark, I wouldn't worry too much. It's just probably her norm. Hope that helps.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, thanks. Flash is so cute lately! He waits by his food bowl until I pour his pellets in and then he eats most of them.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can't upload them directly. You can upload video to a hosting site like vimeo or youtube and then post a link to the video here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom