Feeding Baby Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Due to unforeseen issues with the company I normally order crickets with, my baby dragon has been on purely greens for nearly a full week. All nearby stores have nothing but 1/2 inch or larger for their crickets and she is only 7.5 inch. I don't feel safe feeding her those yet. What alternatives could I look for till the crickets I ordered over a week ago finally come? Im at least lucky that she likes her greens and I've put calcium dust on that.

Note: I was given zilla dry food that she's only had one pellet of ever since I got her over a month ago but Ive tried seeing if she'll try it again till I can get more insects some way or another.

EDIT: I found a couple remaining live crickets from the last order, after putting a bit of calcium on them and feeding those she continued to look for more. I sprinkled the dry food in like I do with her crickets and she's eating them. I'm glad I've something at least for now while trying to get insects for her. Guaranteed analysis on the zilla dry food: minimum of 25% crude protein and 6% crude fat, maximum of 6% crude fiber and 10% moisture.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is it possible to order from another company ? Great Lakes hornworm has very healthy crickets and I'm sure that other companies do as well. BTW, 1/2" crix are O.K. for a 7.5" dragon. When in doubt, pinch the head off and the back legs but otherwise that size is fine.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
The issue isnt so much the company as much as the 30F weather where I live. I go with this one since they can usually ship replacements within 1-2 days when there's an issue given they're only a couple hours away as opposed to several states away. Normal orders arriving in 2-3 days. Their customer service seems to be slow right now though. The last time I ordered crix for her, she was only 6 inches. Growing quite quick, I didnt realize she was actually up to 7.5 till yesterday because she really doesnt look any larger. She's had a full body shed twice and shed her tail once between mid october and late november though.

101824-4998934614.jpg
101824-170822656.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom