Another rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Gutzy greeted my wife and my grandson this afternoon when they were in the back yard , she came out from under the back steps (looking / hoping for some food), missus reports she's VERY FAT now …. so can't be too far from giving birth.

I am hoping now the warm sunny weather has returned , she'll find her way back inside shortly (hopefully while still pregnant so she can have her babies safely inside (even if she's not in the new bigger tub with Fluffy or in her own 120L tub (I bought a spare).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My wife reports Cheakie & Gutsy are hanging out together under our back steps , both came out to greet her this afternoon when she rescued the washing from the Hill's hoist before the threateningly dark looking storm clouds arrived.

Gutzy is so chubby looking now (very pregnant) she may not be able to squeeze back through the cable hole I drilled over 40 years ago when I moved the TV from SW corner to the north wall of lounge when I installed a big fringe antenna on my roof (is right next to the skirting board behind the TV cabinet that I believe the skinks have using to come and go (inside and out).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Gutzy is still about, and is no longer pregnant , she's taken up residence under the back of my house (amongst my gardening stuff) , she comes out every day to bask and in hope of a feed of dead moths, dead crickets and mealworms and chopped up superworms .
2dec2018-Gutzy-sunning-at-back-of-house-this-afternoon.png

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
kingofnobbys":3fmgk80m said:
Gutzy is still about, and is no longer pregnant , she's taken up residence under the back of my house (amongst my gardening stuff) , she comes out every day to bask and in hope of a feed of dead moths, dead crickets and mealworms and chopped up superworms .
2dec2018-Gutzy-sunning-at-back-of-house-this-afternoon.png
Well that's good that she hopefully had her babies and is still rather healthy looking. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Well that's good that she hopefully had her babies and is still rather healthy looking. :)

I've been chopping up 2 superworms (5 or 6 pieces) & adding the dead silkworm moths & blacksoldier flies (I squash their heads so they are alive but not likely fly / crawl away) & have been adding some mealworm pupae and left over BT and beardie salad mix and we've been giving this to Cheakie and Gutzy each day …. so they , and Cheakie's babies are well fed and not likely to go far.

I have no doubt when the extended really warm weather gets here that Gutzy and maybe Cheakie and the babies will find their way back inside again, MF I suspect Cheakie is inside as I've heard movement behind the lounge and all the rogue crickets are disappearing (I often loose one or two when feeding the pet lizards).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
13december2018-GUSTZY-VERY-PREGNANT.gif

13december2018-gutzy-comfirmation-images.png

Other skink who I thought might be Gutzy earlier this month but never got a good side close up of is another female who is in residence .

She's enjoying a feasting on dead silkworm moths and disable mealworm beetles (heads squashed) and a couple of medium silkworms (that died overnight ( drowned when large silkworms started to make cocoons …. it happens ).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Wife tells me Gutzy (our resident very pregnant water skink looks even bigger , reckons she looks almost like she's going to burst if she doesn't give birth soon …. and she's mega hungry …. literally mugged her for the mealworms this afternoon when she took the little tub of worms out to give her some , she's also doing well with freshly dead moths and a couple of dead medium silkworms.

Fluffy has been really active, especially when our deliveries were being sorted and our son was sitting on kitchen chair talking to us about his plans for over Xmas .

Cheakie ( the male water skink) is back inside , wife spotted him on top the lounge this morning when she got up for brekky and to check on Peppa , and he was back ther when my son arrived (made himself scarce when the son let himself in the front door and dumped a big shopping bag full of presents on the lounge (for the grandson) , and I've been hearing movement behind the corner module and the two west end lounge seats and the is evidence he's caught and eaten a big roach ( a few legs and wings left on the kitchen floor ).
I'm guessing Cheakie will be keeping a low profile from now on - he's not a fan of my rambunctious noisy grandson who will be hear from Friday til Xmas eve.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My wife was greeted by a baby water skink basking on the front concrete steps when she arrived home with the grocery shopping bags this afternoon.

Very shy and hid when she got closer. I'm guessing one of Gutzy's babies.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I was wondering where the babies were, since she had apparently given birth. Nice to find out that they're around. :)

Love the photos. They're beautiful little critters. :love10:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
SHBailey":1ibjymst said:
I was wondering where the babies were, since she had apparently given birth. Nice to find out that they're around. :)

Love the photos. They're beautiful little critters. :love10:

I think one or two are actually living / visiting regularly inside our house , as I regularly hear movement behind the fax-phone-ansg machine combo (sits on the corner table top module and is warm behind it) and behind the lounge and sometimes catch a glimpse of one peaking out from under the lounge or from behind the lounge + Peppa has been wanting to get on the floor more lately and the BTs have been obsessing about the gap between the wall and the lounge + the crickets that get away from me are disappearing never to be seen again .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom