HATCHLING HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 14 bearded dragon babies that are now 4 weeks old . They have been doing very well up until yesterday . I turned their lights on this morning a discovered there was one dead baby. A hour later . I began to separate them to feed them . And discovered there were two more dragons that seemed limp and were not eating . The breathing is also very short . PLEASE HELP !! What did I do wrong

DDBeardies

Original Poster
AHBD, I don’t have pictures of the set up but I will post momentarily. They are in a 10gal tank. They have uvb and heat lamps . Over the wire mesh top. I feed them crickets everyday . They unfortunately haven’t been dusted with calcium . One of them is just lying there with shallow breathing and the other tries to move around and falls on its side and opens its mouth . Like it’s dizzy. The others are doing just fine running around and eating in the tank .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes , please post pics when you can. This is either related to calcium deficiency and/or a chance that they have atadenovirus. You'll need a good uvb bulb ASAP. Order one tonight, they will all get sick without it. The best are Reptisun 10.0 or Arcadia D3 , either 12 or 14 %. These are long tube bulbs , not the coil or compact that are only about 8" long and go in a deep dome.

I'd suggest putting them in a bigger enclosure like this [ a medium plastic tote , bigger than a 10 gallon tank which is too small for that many babies. Soon you'll have to set up 2 totes or tanks . I'm just using this to show how to set it up with lights on top ] :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30051/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29953/full

DDBeardies

Original Poster
The babies that are already sick is there a way to help them ? Or will they most likely pass away as well ? It’s been a All day Thing I haven’t seen them eat .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It never hurts to try but they will likely not make it from the sounds of it. Get some baby food squash and baby food chicken [ all natural, nothing added, no salt ] and a pinch of calcium powder mixed in with water [ as much water as baby food ] try to give that in a syringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom