HATCHLING HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 14 bearded dragon babies that are now 4 weeks old . They have been doing very well up until yesterday . I turned their lights on this morning a discovered there was one dead baby. A hour later . I began to separate them to feed them . And discovered there were two more dragons that seemed limp and were not eating . The breathing is also very short . PLEASE HELP !! What did I do wrong

DDBeardies

Original Poster
AHBD, I don’t have pictures of the set up but I will post momentarily. They are in a 10gal tank. They have uvb and heat lamps . Over the wire mesh top. I feed them crickets everyday . They unfortunately haven’t been dusted with calcium . One of them is just lying there with shallow breathing and the other tries to move around and falls on its side and opens its mouth . Like it’s dizzy. The others are doing just fine running around and eating in the tank .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes , please post pics when you can. This is either related to calcium deficiency and/or a chance that they have atadenovirus. You'll need a good uvb bulb ASAP. Order one tonight, they will all get sick without it. The best are Reptisun 10.0 or Arcadia D3 , either 12 or 14 %. These are long tube bulbs , not the coil or compact that are only about 8" long and go in a deep dome.

I'd suggest putting them in a bigger enclosure like this [ a medium plastic tote , bigger than a 10 gallon tank which is too small for that many babies. Soon you'll have to set up 2 totes or tanks . I'm just using this to show how to set it up with lights on top ] :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30051/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29953/full

DDBeardies

Original Poster
The babies that are already sick is there a way to help them ? Or will they most likely pass away as well ? It’s been a All day Thing I haven’t seen them eat .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It never hurts to try but they will likely not make it from the sounds of it. Get some baby food squash and baby food chicken [ all natural, nothing added, no salt ] and a pinch of calcium powder mixed in with water [ as much water as baby food ] try to give that in a syringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom