Why is my bearded dragon green? and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyitsb

Hello everyone, I just noticed that my dragons back and head are turning green and I am not sure of the cause. I heard dragons color could change during the time but I am still worried and want to make sure what it is. I also noticed in the middle of his head he has a grey spot that he has had for 4 days, is that a sign that he is about to shed?

I am really worried, :( I made sure everything is fine in his tank and he has been eating his food. I am about the change his UVB light but I am having a hard time finding an under the counter light fixture for it
He's also has a pattern where he stays in his hide all day and the next day he's alright and basking, Could it be because of the weather getting colder?

102097-5229103612.jpg
102097-8656926932.jpg
102097-5155303832.jpg

Heyitsb

Original Poster

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
His skin looks normal to me. I see some dulling areas that look like patches that are about to shed but nothing unusual or alarming.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, color looks perfectly normal. When they shed as they get older , it will be in patches so it will almost always look somewhat strange. He looks good + healthy though. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he is most likely going to shed soon! They turn all sorts of different colors/shades
prior to shedding. He looks healthy though. :D

Tracie

Heyitsb

Original Poster
lizardgirlforever":18phggg0 said:
I agree. I think this little beardie is perfectly healthy. He looks perky and happy too. Does he have any other problems?

Thank you, everyone! Yesterday he actually shredded that patch off! And no that what they only thing I was concerned about, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom