Please help my dragons arm became red and swollen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cleaning Shenron's terrarium and I tipped over his log by accident and landed on his body , now his right arm is red and swollen , does anyone know how to tell the difference between broken or a sprained limb? I feel terrible for hurting my buddy ?
full

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
PrinceOfDarkness":36tpkm07 said:
I was cleaning Shenron's terrarium and I tipped over his log by accident and landed on his body , now his right arm is red and swollen , does anyone know how to tell the difference between broken or a sprained limb? I feel terrible for hurting my buddy ?
full
Poor fella! I don't know that there's any way outside of taking him to the vet for an x-ray. You should do that anyway to make sure he doesn't have internal injuries.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, he is beautiful! Unfortunately accidents do happen. Is he attempting to use his
arm at all?
It is just about impossible to determine whether or not the arm is broken or not. How far did
the log fall from, onto him?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Two words

Vet

Xray

…. the xray will very quickly tell the vet the extent of the damage and the best way to deal with it.

…. a skilled reptile vet surgeon can pin broken arm bones to help reset them and immobilize them while it is mending.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Have you been able to find a vet to take him in for analysis?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

PrinceOfDarkness

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for replying , Shenron is doing fine the vet took x rays and said it was just swelling but no major injury or broken bones so we didn't need to isolate his arm , he also told me Shenron is very well fed and should recover in about 3-5 weeks so that puts my mind at ease ☺️

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
That's a great relief I'm sure....

Keep an eye on the arm , exactly the same was found with my George the Bluetongue , a few weeks later and he was still refusing to put his weigh on his left arm, so I was back to another vet who took higher resolution xrays and found he has spiral crack break in upper arm bone .
Required insertion of a very special custom made stainless steel pin to help reinforce and set the bone and a full arm & shoulder caste to immobilize the arm and should for 2 months.

Did the vet prescribe pain relief / anti-inflammatory injections ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom