Changes in fall/winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my beardie since March and I feel pretty comfortable with many things regarding her at this point though this will be our first "winter" together. I put that in quotes because I'm in AZ and of course she lives in a controlled environment.

Do I need to make any changes to her lighting or environment at all for the winter, really? Our house doesn't get especially cold and on the few nights of the year that it does get cold we turn the heat on to keep it comfortable for us, of course. Do I need to change the time the lights come on or go off at all?

I just want to make sure she is comfortable. She already did a long brumation in August/September. Should I expect another one? :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I leave my lighting on the same schedule year round. I used to adjust it but didn't find it to make a difference. If the temps in the tank stay above about 65 overnight you don't need an additional heat source. I'd imagine in most of AZ (unless you're in the mountains perhaps) it shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom