Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellsifornia

Hi there,
Ok, so I have a Beardie that is about 6 months old. He is nothing like my previous Beardies. Everytime I hold him, he poops. I have him in my classroom. He's adapted well to being in the classroom, but I have noticed if I don't come in everyday, he won't poop. Like today. I came in early Sat am and fed him, but didn't hold him, so he didn't poop. I didn't come in on Sunday, but came in this morning and noticed he was a little lethargic, and when I held him, his belly felt tight and full. (all the bok choy I left him was gone, and you could tell he was eating the freeze dried worms left for him). Anyway, I could tell his belly was bothering him, so i made him a warm bath and he pooped the BIGGEST POOP he's ever had!!! I could immediately tell he felt better. He got more active, and was crawling on me like he always does.
My question is, is this normal for them to poo on their owners only, or only when their owner is around. I mean....if that means he trusts me and likes me, thats cool, but i gotta find a way for him to not poop on my shoulder in the middle of my math lesson!!! 2nd graders LOVE IT THOUGH!!! Thanks for all your input :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
" Second graders love it " LOL !! I can picture their great delight in observing this , better than a teacher getting slimed like they do on these kids shows. Probably the high light of their day. :lol:
Anyway, try this : get a heating pad and a small plastic tote to set the dragon on when you firt get him out [ keep it behind your desk ] Put newspaper with paper towels on top of the heat pad and place the dragon on it. If you can, position a heat lamp over it. Being in this little hot zone for a few moments will usually get them to poo quickly. Then just wrap up the newspaper + dispose of it in a double plastic bag. I keep bread bags handy to handle a quick clean up + then twisties to seal it quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom