Pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumper272

Hey there. I am very worried. My bearded dragon got in between the screen door and door and I found him there last night. I immediately started to slowly warm him but he is doing things that are scaring me. When he tries to move his head lifts up and front feet go straight out and shakes for a bit and then stops. He doesn’t seem to be able to do anything more then that now.
He is around 4 and has been running free since I got him. I have many grow tents that he likes to sit in.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So your dragon got in between the doors, did he accidentally get injured or just become
too cold?
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type & brand of UVB light? We can
look over everything to be sure it is all correct.
I would try to keep him a little warmer overnight, around 80 or so, to help boost his immune
system right now. Have you been able to get any oral fluids into him at all?

Tracie

Jumper272

Original Poster
I suppose he could have gotten injured when I opened the sliding door. It was the patio door to outside. His setup is all good. He rarely spends time in there. I grow a lot of plants and have some large grow lights and tents and he just hangs out with me all day and mostly spend the night in one of the tents. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully he will be okay and that he didn’t get hurt.
He get a lot of uvb. The grow light he likes is a $3000 one. The temp in the tent is always at 80- 85 during the day and 75 at night with humidity at 45

Now that I am watching him try and move it seems as though he is badly injured. He can’t seem to move his back legs. Horrible.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, so you now think he could be injured? Can you get him into the vets for an x-ray
possibly? I hope not, but if the door slid across him then it could have hurt him.
Are there any physical signs of trauma or injury like a cut, etc that you can see?

Tracie

Jumper272

Original Poster
I can’t find anything physically wrong with him. No cuts, no unusual anything. He seem to be able to move a bit more but not much. I wish I could afford a vet but I can’t.
I’m just going to baby him and hope for the best.
He got below 0 degrees when I had found him. I’m wondering if the cold could have effected him and neurological way.
Thanks Tracie ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think the cold would have affected him, neurologically, at least I don't think so.
Poor guy! So he is moving a little better today?
Is your UVB light up to date? Maybe upgrade that & get some extra calcium into him to
see if that helps possibly. I hope he gets to doing better for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom