My Beardie hasn’t pooped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahf0122

I have an 8 year old beardie. I am getting concerned because he hasn’t had a bowel movement for 3 weeks now. Is it brumation??? He hasn’t ate for the past two weeks but his stomach is huge because he hasn’t passed all of the kale and worms he was eating prior. I give him 30 minute baths in warm water every single day. I’ve contacted a local exotic doctor and they said it might be kidney failure. Is it normal for him to not go for a while during this time of year?? He has just been hiding under his basking piece and sleeping a lot. Help please!!!!!!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I use the Repashy Gruie pie & mix it with some baby food prune purée & unsweetened applesauce, then add a few drops 4-5 or so of olive oil. Get him out to run around & usually after a few days, he’s doing his thing. Mine won’t poop in his tank. Now I’m letting him brumate. This is first winter of brumation, he’s almost 4 years old.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
You could also use canned pumpkin, no spice or sugar. Or some baby food purée veggies along with the olive oil. I’ve never tried the pumpkin yet, but since the holidays are coming, I’ll pick up an extra can.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They sure know how to worry us to death.
Has his beard been dark at all, or normal color? We can also review your tank set up to be
sure it is all correct. How old is your current UVB you are using for him?
Even at 8 years of age, he should still have some years left in him.
Go ahead & post some pictures of him, along with his tank & setup just so we can look it all
over for you, too.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Worth having a vet take an xray to see exactly what is happening in the GIT, may be bloated with gas or a blockage or an impaction. A skilled radiologist should be able to tell by looking at the xray.

In the meantime - No more solids til the dragon poos.

Don't want to add to the log-jamb of rotting food in her gastro-intestinal track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom