JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Gormagon":18gh7ooh said:
JIMMIA":18gh7ooh said:
you know your a bearded dragon owner when ------>

you're at a second hand / pawn / recycle cloth
shop and you look at kid toys to see what can
put in the tank for decorations (example ----->
JIMMIA in her little strawberry shortcake car lol)
98861-7441507051.jpg

OR
you are in one of those stores and buy a old Barbie
Doll and strip it and muck around and dress up
your beardie in them clothes lol (not done it but I've
thought about doing it a few times haha

sorry
OMG!!! That's adorable and, the barbie clothes, that was a nice kicker, LOL!!!

how about a hat instead lol ;)
98861-3696110379.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
JIMMIA":30diggd8 said:
how about a hat instead lol ;)
98861-3696110379.jpg
Jimmia tha Gangsta LOL.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Wow. Lots of cuteness going on here on this thread lately. :lol:

Long ago and far away in another time and another place and another life, I worked in the toy section at a department store when strawberry shortcakes were in their heyday. I'd forgotten that she had a car and I'd forgotten how cute it was (Jimmia looks pretty excited about it), although I do remember that she came with a little cat and how cute that was the first time I saw one out of the package.

So I guess we know we're beardie slaves when most of our shopping revolves around our beardies. Like last night "Daddy" went to the pet store after work, so we're all stocked up on live bugs for the weekend and hopefully part of next week (depending on how many the voracious little carnivore scarfs up at his next couple of meals), and tonight Daddy will hopefully be bringing home greens for the beardie and pizza for us, but meanwhile it's already dark outside (gotta love the subarctic), and Puff the "magic" (bearded) dragon is already zoned out under the heat lamps about an hour before his scheduled bedtime. Fortunately, this is about as close as he ever really gets to "brumation." :sleepy2:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Gee, thanks, Gormagon. I didn't realize that anyone had missed me. I never really completely dropped out -- I still have a few threads I'm following, but I don't seem to find as much time and energy to get on here and read and post for hours like I used to. Time and energy not necessarily in that order -- it's not like I'm really busy with only one little beardie to take care of and my husband doing most of the hard work. I guess I post too many TLDRs when I do post anything at all, and they take a lot out of me. :roll:

But lest we be accused of going way off topic, I'm reminded that this thread should probably be named a little differently. Maybe it should be, "You know you're a beardie slave when..." or "You know your beardie owns you when..." :wink:

And BTW, I'm sorry to hear that you lost Peaches. :cry:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
SHBailey":1ku9mrbs said:
Gee, thanks, Gormagon. I didn't realize that anyone had missed me. I never really completely dropped out -- I still have a few threads I'm following, but I don't seem to find as much time and energy to get on here and read and post for hours like I used to. Time and energy not necessarily in that order -- it's not like I'm really busy with only one little beardie to take care of and my husband doing most of the hard work. I guess I post too many TLDRs when I do post anything at all, and they take a lot out of me. :roll:

But lest we be accused of going way off topic, I'm reminded that this thread should probably be named a little differently. Maybe it should be, "You know you're a beardie slave when..." or "You know your beardie owns you when..." :wink:

And BTW, I'm sorry to hear that you lost Peaches. :cry:

Oh ya, I have missed you!!!
Ya, I am still a bit tore up over her passing but, I'm muttling through. I have given it some long thought and, I think I might get another one. I am a bit apprehensive because of how quick she went and, not knowing why.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
JIMMIA":28nc19p2 said:
Gormagon":28nc19p2 said:
JIMMIA":28nc19p2 said:
you know your a bearded dragon owner when ------>

you're at a second hand / pawn / recycle cloth
shop and you look at kid toys to see what can
put in the tank for decorations (example ----->
JIMMIA in her little strawberry shortcake car lol)
98861-7441507051.jpg

she now owns a helly-chopter lol ;)
98861-3166365493.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I get a kick out of Jimmia and her toys. :lol: So I guess the next one should be:

"You know you're a beardie owner/slave (or that your beardie owns you) when you find yourself wondering what you're going to do for Christmas for the bearded dragon who has everything"? :mrgreen:

I think that most of the "experts" will tell you, Gormagon, that if you have a bearded dragon shaped hole in your heart, the only real cure is to get another beardie. Not to "replace" the one you've lost, because they are all unique and special, but, you know, if you still have the resources to care for them, and if you have more love to give, why not?

As for not knowing what happened, that's why I sometimes think a necropsy is a good idea if you can afford it and if you can stomach the idea (although I understand why many people can't). That way you can be sure that is wasn't something that may pose a threat to another critter in the future. When our snake died right after a meal, my husband was afraid there may have been something wrong with the mice we'd just fed him, because he had seemed perfectly fine until we found him dead the next day. It helped to find out that it was nothing we did wrong, nothing in the environment that could pose a threat to our beardie, and there was nothing we could have done to prevent it -- short of perhaps trying to convince a breeder we never met to focus on good health rather than inbreeding in order to get the nice rainbow of recessive color morphs -- along with maybe a few other less desirable recessive traits.

But I digress -- the bottom line (especially if you already buried her so that it's too late for a necropsy) is that if you were doing everything you could to take good care of her, then it probably wasn't anything you did wrong, and another beardie will be just as safe with you as with anyone -- in fact, probably more so than with most average human slaves. :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
SHBailey":21e40vka said:
I get a kick out of Jimmia and her toys. :lol: So I guess the next one should be:

"You know you're a beardie owner/slave (or that your beardie owns you) when you find yourself wondering what you're going to do for Christmas for the bearded dragon who has everything"? :mrgreen:

I think that most of the "experts" will tell you, Gormagon, that if you have a bearded dragon shaped hole in your heart, the only real cure is to get another beardie. Not to "replace" the one you've lost, because they are all unique and special, but, you know, if you still have the resources to care for them, and if you have more love to give, why not?

As for not knowing what happened, that's why I sometimes think a necropsy is a good idea if you can afford it and if you can stomach the idea (although I understand why many people can't). That way you can be sure that is wasn't something that may pose a threat to another critter in the future. When our snake died right after a meal, my husband was afraid there may have been something wrong with the mice we'd just fed him, because he had seemed perfectly fine until we found him dead the next day. It helped to find out that it was nothing we did wrong, nothing in the environment that could pose a threat to our beardie, and there was nothing we could have done to prevent it -- short of perhaps trying to convince a breeder we never met to focus on good health rather than inbreeding in order to get the nice rainbow of recessive color morphs -- along with maybe a few other less desirable recessive traits.

But I digress -- the bottom line (especially if you already buried her so that it's too late for a necropsy) is that if you were doing everything you could to take good care of her, then it probably wasn't anything you did wrong, and another beardie will be just as safe with you as with anyone -- in fact, probably more so than with most average human slaves. :)

thank you for liking JIMMIA and her little toys :) and well said, I’ve never owned a beardie before her this is my first :) it took me like a year and a half nearly 2 years before got another animal after I lost my soulmate/ my dog for 13 human years (I am 26 now so she seen my dark stages) (pictures below or above) :( but ever since I got JIMMIA my happiness is slowly building again, I’m not depressed as much I was and I don’t dwell as much and think that people don’t like me (as I’m not a social etiquette person) :) and I got JIMMIA’s name from my dog “Mia” and since I’m obsessed and a collector of with The Doors / Jim Morrison, I took the word “Jim” and put it in front of Mia so I made “JIMMIA” plus my dog loved The Doors also haha sorry :) but anyway yeah - beardies, birds, dogs, cats or any animal, get another one after you heal because they can bring so much joy back into you and I’m happy to have JIMMIA as when chose her all the other beardies scattered and she was only one stayed still and allowed me pick her up from such a young of age :)
98861-5383957270.jpg
98861-806032885.jpg
98861-2781971600.jpg

MIA and JIM so that’s where I got JIMMIA from lol ;)
98861-4084204552.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
JIMMIA":ftplly6z said:
SHBailey":ftplly6z said:

thank you for liking JIMMIA and her little toys :) and well said, I’ve never owned a beardie before her this is my first :) it took me like a year and a half nearly 2 years before got another animal after I lost my soulmate/ my dog for 13 human years (I am 26 now so she seen my dark stages) (pictures below or above) :( but ever since I got JIMMIA my happiness is slowly building again, I’m not depressed as much I was and I don’t dwell as much and think that people don’t like me (as I’m not a social etiquette person) :) and I got JIMMIA’s name from my dog “Mia” and since I’m obsessed and a collector of with The Doors / Jim Morrison, I took the word “Jim” and put it in front of Mia so I made “JIMMIA” plus my dog loved The Doors also haha sorry :) but anyway yeah - beardies, birds, dogs, cats or any animal, get another one after you heal because they can bring so much joy back into you and I’m happy to have JIMMIA as when chose her all the other beardies scattered and she was only one stayed still and allowed me pick her up from such a young of age :)
98861-5383957270.jpg
98861-806032885.jpg
98861-2781971600.jpg

MIA and JIM so that’s where I got JIMMIA from lol ;)
98861-4084204552.jpg
Mia was a gorgeous dog, I love her eyes, What type was she? She looks like an Australian Shepard but I may be wrong. Thankfully Mia had lived a long and great life with a loving family, and that's what matters. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
SHBailey":1j6eauz7 said:

I Agree, Losing Cisco was very hard, but Getting little Rocket has definitely helped me, and I Love that little stinker to bits. View media item 60635

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
[/quote]
Mia was a gorgeous dog, I love her eyes, What type was she? She looks like an Australian Shepard but I may be wrong. Thankfully Mia had lived a long and great life with a loving family, and that's what matters. :)[/quote]

yes Mia was a kelpie cross husky :) she was my best friend, her spirit is a gecko :) I seen her with jimmia the other night lol :)
98861-2683027298.jpg

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Your shirts get torn up... when they cant find a comfy spot

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Deabrua":11ski160 said:
Your shirts get torn up... when they cant find a comfy spot
I don't know about you, but the only little rascal that used to tear up my shirts was my old turantula.. (She lived a nice 13 years, I still miss her)
Chien, my beardie, on the other hand doesn't really tear my shirts up. My blankets aren't looking so nice and new , though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom