Yellow fungus???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooper

I got up this morning to check on my beardies and they were both fine but when I was handling one of them I noticed a spot on her stomach and I'm really worried about her I love both my beardies and I need help to know what to do

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It does look somewhat like it could be. First thing to do, soak her for 10 minutes in a betadine water solution [ mix to look like iced tea ] and use a toothbrush to see if it comes off so to be sure it's not just a stain. Then pat her dry + put her in her warm tank. If the dragons live together, separate them ASAP. If this is Y.F., don't bathe her anymore unless she is obviously dirty, walked through poo or something, and use betadine each time.

An experienced reptile vet can do a skin scraping to be tested for Y.F. Be sure the vet really knows about beardies, otherwise you will waste your money which some vets will happily take while giving wrong advice. If the spot is stil there after you try to clean it, you can use Monistat or Lotrimin antifungal cream on it for now. Best wishes !

Kooper

Original Poster
I bathed her like you said (shes not a fan of baths can I do anything for that ??)and it was just a stain I have them separated right now but after I cleaned that spot it went back to exactly how it was thank you so much I guess I was overreacting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom