Help! Beardie is scared of water - Nutrition tips needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beautiful Goldar is about 3 months old, and he is scared of water. Well, he’s scared of a lot of things, actually, including his crickets! But he eats those when I jump through hoops to hand feed him, so the crickets aren’t the problem.

He ignores his water bowl. He is terrified of his baths. He runs away when I spritz him with water.

His bowel movements didn’t become normal until after I started feeding him regular lettuce (because of its high water content). But I know lettuce has zero nutritional value.

How do I ensure he gets his nutrients and hydration when he won’t drink water? Are there any other foods with high water content that are also nutritional?

I dust his crickets with calcium and vitamins, but with Goldar’s hand feeding requirements, it’s hard to dust them all the time, and they’ve become cannibalized crickets.

What are some alternative methods for getting Goldar his nutrients and calcium?

(I’m beginning to think Mr. Moodypants is a girl...)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, squash has a good water content. Just cook some up + keep it in the fridge. And try dripping water with an eyedropper, some dragons will drink that way.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
3 months old juvenile - should be able to get all the hydration it needs from :

>>> nice high quality live insects , especially roaches, crickets, locusts that have been gut loaded with fresh leafy greens & carrot , and from BSFL ,and from silkworms (excellent).
>>> offering grated raw carrot and grated raw sweet potato & shredded leafy greens
>>> drip water on his snout and he will drink the droplets if he's thirsty.

This viewtopic.php?f=45&t=244111 will help guide you on diet and feeding schedule for your little juvenile.

If bathing is stressful to him, don't do it UNLESS it's NECESSARY
> for shedding assistance
> he's very soiled
> he's overheated
> he has a problem with shedding
> has an injury that needs soaking in dilute betadiene.

I don't keep water in my bearded dragon tanks and very rarely bath them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom