Pancake & the Hooman

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Pancake & the Hooman

Postby dezismom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:43 am

Pancake is so cute! I enjoy his entries! My two say hi, Pancake...they want me to express their approval of hooman. .They understand how much work goes into properly training these hoomans, to become the good slaves they need to be. Hoomans are not so bright, they do not always understand simple beardie language, and must be constantly trained. It is work, but worth the effort. Please share some of your training tips, so all the beardies following you can be better trainers!

Dezi uses the swift kick method to start his hooman back up, when she is stroking his head and becomes distracted. He kicks her with his back leg, as if starting a motorcycle. He says do not be afraid to put some muscle into it.:)

Dezi, ready to apply a swift kick as needed...
[Click image to enlarge]

Miss Penny prefers the reward method of training. She dazzles her slave with her best grin of approval, when her hooman provides the correct service, especially in serving up a meal...she finds direct eye contect is helpful....
[Click image to enlarge]
dezismom
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Blackenedsabbath » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Pancake: My hooman was quite persistent in wanting to learn the ways of the beardie slave. I am satisfied to know I have done a good job with the training! I shall make my hooman tell others of my methods, trying to type on the lightbox is not easy for a lizard.

As for what the hooman has to say,

Dezi is adorable! The kickstart thing is even more adorable! I love hearing about the different quirks and personalities bearded dragons have :) They're fascinating (and sometimes sassy) little creatures. Penny is quite a pretty lady too lol.
"*blep*"
- Pancake
Blackenedsabbath
Hatchling Poster

Postby Blackenedsabbath » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Pancake: Hooman is doing a terrible job of updating my blog :evil: She claims it's because of this "homework" stuff and that she isn't home as much because of this place called "university" that she has to go to because it cost her a lot of money. Why a hooman would pay money to be away from their beardie makes no sense :roll:

So here I am, waiting for the hooman to return.
[Click image to enlarge]

Hooman: I feel bad for not posting here as much as I would like, but I have more Pancake stories and pictures to hopefully make up for it.

First on the list lol, Pancake's tank is in our basement (I wish it was upstairs, but we don't have the space up here at the moment and he wasn't exactly planned for as you all know). When he gets super excited and wants to come out, I can hear his little feet scritching on the tile when he runs around or when he claws at the glass if he's really desperate.

WELL. Last week I heard a scratching sound followed by a rustle. Naturally, I assume he's running in and out of his leaves like the weirdo he is. BUT NO. What I found was even more strange.

[Click image to enlarge]

...And to top it off, he was wiggly his one little arm out to grab onto something to get down, because of course, he didn't know how to get himself out of this predicament.

Pancake: I was quite happy to see hooman come to my rescue. Even though she took this embarassing picture before helping me.

Hooman: Has anyone else seen their beardie do this?! Because it scared the crap out of me at first. I feel tempted to make a little padded area under the leaves in case he does this while I'm not home and falls :/

-------

Second story, Pancake thought he found a new way to eat his food.

[Click image to enlarge]

Pancake: Why blep to eat, when I can absorb the food through my tummy?! It was genius I tell you!! But the hooman spoiled all my fun as usual and took me out of my salad :evil:

But the story of yesterday, shows how stupid hoomans can be! My hooman got home from work, and saw me laying on my tile and not looking very happy. She scooped me up and took me into her room, since I love to jump around on the big squishy thing she sleeps on. But I had a tummy ache because I hadn't pooed yet. So I only wanted to cuddle on my hooman's leg. After stealing all her body heat to help my belly, I ran away from my hooman to do my business.

But at the same time (!!!), one of the four legged butt sniffers (I think hoomans call them "dogs") entered the room, and my hooman thought I was given a frighten. So she picked me up and put me back on her leg. I couldn't hold it anymore!! I pooed. All over my hooman's pants :puke:

Thank the lizard lord, my hooman is well trained enough that she didn't get mad and instead only screeched for the big hooman to bring her paper towel to wipe it up and then laughed it off. Also, my tummy ache was gone. :D
"*blep*"
- Pancake
Blackenedsabbath
Hatchling Poster

Postby Blackenedsabbath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:13 am

Today's Adventure

In The Hooman's Room:

Pancake seems to have a thing for fleece blankets and fluffy or plush things. If he's not trying to burrow in a blanket he's investigating any plush toys I have laying around lol.

[Click image to enlarge]

Hmm... This looks quite comfy

[Click image to enlarge]

10/10 would sit on again.

In Living Room:

At this point I've been completely distracted from my homework by watching Pancake entertain himself.

[Click image to enlarge]

Running with the fellow dinos.

(Yes, the beanbag in the background is for Pancake to climb and rustle around in :lol: )

[Click image to enlarge]

Hooman!! Open this door!!

(The door leads into my music/art room, and he loves to run around in there. I think it's because it's got so many colours in it and lots of stuff for him to investigate everywhere).

[Click image to enlarge]

Surveying the kingdom.
Last edited by Blackenedsabbath on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"*blep*"
- Pancake
Blackenedsabbath
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:23 am

Looks like he's a lucky guy with a lot of great stuff! :D
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby Blackenedsabbath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:25 pm

CooperDragon wrote:Looks like he's a lucky guy with a lot of great stuff! :D

Thank you!! I wish there was more ways I could think of to spoil him :lol:
"*blep*"
- Pancake
Blackenedsabbath
Hatchling Poster

Postby Blackenedsabbath » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 pm

The Kitchen Counter:

Pancake was getting a little too hyper while waiting for food (mostly my fault for sleeping in), so I thought I'd let him watch me make his salad and steal some snacks early to make up for it. He sat on my shoulder and watched me rip up some leaves, and as I expected, he jumped on the counter to steal some and begin munching away.

However, the counter had many other interesting feats.

Such as...

[Click image to enlarge]

The mysterious reflecty bowl!!

Pancake usually doesn't attack his reflection anymore since there's so many mirrors in my house, but his reflection in the mixing bowl seemed to confuse him and he spent a good 10 minutes trying to understand why this other dragon looked so distorted.

And then he paused to read nutrition facts

[Click image to enlarge]

And to conclude this post, here is a cute picture of Pancake doing my homework :lol:
[Click image to enlarge]
"*blep*"
- Pancake
Blackenedsabbath
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie Tales