Concerned About Yellow Fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatLynne

Hi all,

I have a beardie named Mars, and on Monday I picked up him up from boarding when I noticed something strange on his toe (he boards at an exotics vet when I go out of town). It looked like he had no scales on one of his toes but there's no injury, it's just smooth and like this off white-ish color. Naturally I start googling, and one of the things that pops up is yellow fungus. So I start inspecting him all over, and it looks like there is some discoloration on his stomach. I freaked out and called the vet, but they said they haven't had any reptiles in with fungal infections and that he is always kept by himself. I made an appointment at the larger exotics hospital in the area and of course they always say "Bring him in" no matter what, but I can't tell if this is something I should have him looked at for or if I'm just overreacting and this is something else.

Would y'all mind taking a look at the pics and telling me what you think? I've circled in red on some of them to highlight what I mean. I'd rather not take him in if I'm just being dramatic, because then that's $100 down the drain for my paranoia lol. (The last time I jumped the gun on the vet, it was for my old beardie Zeus... I had spotted some blood in his mouth, freaked out and off we went. Well $250 later, the vet tells me he just bit his tongue when he failed to chew his food. :roll: )

Anywho, thanks you guys! I'm really worried but I also don't want to flush money down the toilet on an unnecessary vet visit.

89562-1540448573.jpg
89562-8559889467.jpg
89562-2497055312.jpg
89562-6440522293.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kat, save your money, I don't see anything that looks like Y.F. at all. His belly may be just slightly dirty and/or heading for a shed. Their stomach is rarely pure white because they walk + lay on all sorts of objects and also turns off/white between sheds . Mars looks fine. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies can gets small cuts/scrapes + blemishes simply because the like to jump, sctratch + dig throughout the tank. He may have been a bit stressed and done more digging/scratching while boarded because he wanted out or just out of boredom.

You can put a bit of Neosopin on it if you like.

With anything that seems even a bit out of the ordinary though , just keep an eye on areas that concern you. If you suddenly saw more pronounced areas of yellow or darker unexplained spots then you could def. have a vet do a skin scraping right off the bat to eliminate the possibility of Y.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom