Marlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Now been a month since we adopted Marlow :)

He’s aged by 1 month, grown by almost 3inches (he’s nearly 14”) and stolen the hearts of 1 whole family

101427-6759235225.jpg
101427-8541308194.jpg

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Jaspersmama":2r3cu4p3 said:
Now been a month since we adopted Marlow :)
10months old now!

He’s aged by 1 month, grown by 3inches and stolen the hearts of 1 whole family

101427-6759235225.jpg
101427-8541308194.jpg

He's so cute! Tell marlow I said hi and boop his nose for me.. He's just so adorable! Can't wait for my little guy to get bigger so that he can look all cute and chubby (not like he's already that lol

I bet he's enjoying his larger enclosure though! Lots of room :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Marlow says thanks for the boop haha
How old is your baby beardie? We want to get a baby beardie now too - we actually wanted a baby originally but were going to wait for a year or so - but we saw Marlow in a small 45cm squared ( 18”x18”) viv and never had a proper home for his whole 9months and with a red night light on and I knew he needed us

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Jaspersmama":rwt3ye6z said:
Marlow says thanks for the boop haha
How old is your baby beardie? We want to get a baby beardie now too - we actually wanted a baby originally but were going to wait for a year or so - but we saw Marlow in a small 45cm squared ( 18”x18”) viv and never had a proper home for his whole 9months and with a red night light on and I knew he needed us

Chien is 5 months, going to be 6 months tomorrow!

I'm glad you took Marlow in (with the research of course) as he could've died a painful death of MBD, eye problems, and maybe even depression as I know small vivs can cause that (it happened to my friends adopted crested gecko, no clue if it happens to beardies)

Also, baby beardies will cost you your rent.. Literally..
1000NZ dollars is 640US dollars so.. That would pretty much be my states apartment rent cost! My little guy is on crickets right now since its not a problem (about 4US dollars so that would be 6.11NZ dollars for you guys) but your bugs.. Sooo overpriced! I have to buy 45 crickets a week just to fill Chien's stomach up

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I luckily have found repashy grub pie and I’ve read on this forum experienced New Zealanders have successfully raised beardeds from babies on repashy as a staple !
I did a lot of research into it and watching YouTube vids as well as talked to some members in here and decided to try it to see if my guy likes it as I’ve heard nothing negative-
It’s been great for us so far! We are doing almost a tablespoon of the grub pie and some canned flukers soldier worms ( not the freeze dried kind / the pre guttloaded moist kind ) as well as his salad daily and he’s gaining weight and grown in length 3” so I’m really happy with it

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He’s grown so much lately
First photo where he looks like an adult hahha
101427-6552571044.jpg
Another pic from last few days
101427-8309669969.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Marlow is just downright adorable. :love5:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
lol these pictures are adorable!!! Marlow is the king of the house and he knows it! :D

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Photo taken yesterday ( 22-11-2018) at exactly 10months old :) 15.5 inches now! ( that’s 4.5inches of growth since we got him end of September

101427-9960185335.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom