Chien and their humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Dont know Chien's gender yet lol so deal with they/them pronouns

My mom wants to pet Chien today and they decided to be clingy and latch onto her and then crawling up her shoulder just to sleep there lol

Their new favorite sleeping place is my blankets (where he also likes to poop on
100242-7222272651.jpg
100242-2080637906.jpg

Loves to show off their sexy legs too
100242-4914472112.jpg

this will be a thing for Chien since I saw other people do with their beardies :D

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So.. Haven't updated on him in a while but I have sexed him! He is a confirmed male as I can clearly see the two bulges and his femoral pores from a mile away!!

He's grown a lot too,

When I first got him he was 6in but now he's 13.5in! Kind of freaks my doctor out, lol

Though, something spooked him yesterday and he tried to run off the window counter thing (it was in a kitchen so it was a counter with a window and uhh yeah) and I saw him try to hide in the corner where it was shady... Poor guy probably saw a hawk :(

(Also its been 35F here where I live, why is it so cold?!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like he's doing well! I'll bet something did spook him. That happens sometimes. They tend to get passed it pretty quickly though. When that happens just let him hide for a bit or hold him so he feels secure. As far as the weather goes... :dontknow:

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":pdxyscf7 said:
Sounds like he's doing well! I'll bet something did spook him. That happens sometimes. They tend to get passed it pretty quickly though. When that happens just let him hide for a bit or hold him so he feels secure. As far as the weather goes... :dontknow:

I live right next to a forest but I didn't expect there to be a ton of birds out since its starting to become winter.. But he did get over it lol

Since I live in an area where when it snows, is worse than Alaska, I may need to get some emergency food and heating for him soon.

(Will crested gecko powdered food along with critical care and hand warmers be okay?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For emergencies I like to have a few spare basking bulbs on hand. I have some small fleece blankets and some reptile shipping warmers like this https://www.amazon.com/72-hour-Uniheat-Shipping-Reptiles-Tropical/dp/B00DJYELCW/ (I rarely need them). It's nice to have a battery backup (computer style) for the lights in case of brief power outage. It's good to have water on hand as well as a store of veges in ziploc bags. If you want to have a commercial food on hand, I'd try some repashy veggie burger or grub pie. I'd reserve those for real emergencies though.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Xanelic":1fyi41mr said:

My mom wants to pet Chien today and they decided to be clingy and latch onto her and then crawling up her shoulder just to sleep there lol

Their new favorite sleeping place is my blankets (where he also likes to poop on
100242-7222272651.jpg
100242-2080637906.jpg

100242-4914472112.jpg

this will be a thing for Chien since I saw other people do with their beardies :D
Chien is so cute! S/he looks very happy in their home, Hope that he/she does well for you! :D

Chien looks a lot like Rocket. ? View media item 61047

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":2wsk49iy said:
Xanelic":2wsk49iy said:

100242-7222272651.jpg
100242-2080637906.jpg

100242-4914472112.jpg

Chien is so cute! S/he looks very happy in their home, Hope that he/she does well for you! :D

Maybe they're twins, lol! I do need update pictures though since he has gotten FAT,

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
For Halloween, I'm making Chien into a witch!! I don't care if he's a boy, he's a witch or a demon in my heart

I made the top of the hat and a cape but now I need to decorate the things so it doesn't look so bland! I also bought a black wolf just for him! I'm having ribbon glued on so that I can put it on him better since I heard that elastic bands can leave marks on a beardie's chin

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Xanelic":39vvwqfn said:
HippieLizards":39vvwqfn said:
Xanelic":39vvwqfn said:

100242-7222272651.jpg
100242-2080637906.jpg

100242-4914472112.jpg

Maybe they're twins, lol! I do need update pictures though since he has gotten FAT,
They could be! I also need to update photos since little Rocket has been growing like Kudzu lol.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Chien has grown so much over the last 5 months!

This is when I first handled him (day 2)
100242-1747875060.jpg

And this is the most recent picture!! (Yesterday)

100242-5338708903.jpg

I can't wait to see him full grown!! He's currently sleeping in between my phone and my arm for some reason... Lol

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was at a small pet store (about 3 hours away from me.... It was in my state but I heard it was good so I went) and I brought Chien with me! Don't worry, we heated the car up to about 82F! (The windows were open here and there but I had lots of towels and blankets for him!)

There were adults beardies, adult Leo's, baby Leo's, turantulas, Vietnamese centipedes (spooked my parents because they didn't expect something native from our place to be here :p), sand swimmers, birds, rats, degus, boas, pythons, etc! They also look quite taken care of! Especially the boa... My god she was fat!

I think one of the male beardies saw my little guy and just repeatedly bobbed his head at Chien.. Funny but for the first time, I heard Chien HISS! The owner quickly got in front of the tank to cover the adult which was kind of him but jeez! It was the first time I have EVER heard him hiss!

Chien is pretty sweet,,, He never bit me intentially, never hissed at me, never puffed up, no black beard! okay, maybe some puffing up but it was because I gave him a quick shed bath but that's it!

Surprising but I eventually knew I was going to hear my sweet baby hiss.. Lol

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I haven't been able to socialize with Chien but he still gets his after bed time cuddles because I felt bad lol. I've been busy with dance classes and in those dance classes I have to learn korean and Chinese (which is not easy)

I've had more time starting today since the next lessons/classes are in two weeks but can anyone help? Chien hasn't really been drinking water. I've tried everything

Giving him baths, putting drops on his snout, water dish, etc! Just doesn't drink.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This post isn't about chien but its about my other pet that I don't really talk about

If you guys didn't know, I ha(d)ve a mexican red knee turantula for pretty much my whole life (13 years of keeping her and I'm 15.). My brother said his friend couldn't take care of a spiderling so we took care of it and ever since, I have loved her so much. She was kind, unlike contrary belief that turantulas are mean and bitey, if you get the right one it'll be docile.

My T would sit on my hand for a few minutes and then go back to drink her water. Never given me a threat posture nor bitten or even kicked hairs for me for 13 years. I don't know how and why she died but I'm going to guess it is because she was stuck in her molt and I just forgot to check up on her. I perserved her in a glass jar to remember the thirteen years (made sure she is DEAD and not alive.)

I'm sure Chien knew I was grieving as he begged for so much attention this following week. I'm glad that he's here to help me, but no one could ever replace my turantula, peach.

[Actual follow up on Chien:

He's been eating crickets for the past week since my roach colony.. Well.. Died because of mold. (No idea where the mold came from, I give them their food in a small reptile bowl and the mold was in a corner.)

He LOVES the crickets as they're so fast and he just loves hunting so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom