QUESTION PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
okay now this is a this might be a little tough question please unless it's my imagination, sorry!

Would JIMMIA slowly start to show some colouring besides grey?
please because physically all I see is grey and white and few dark spots but the other day I took a few photos, I know for sure that she did not climb into or over anything to do it BUT in the photo not even a minute apart a different capture and a different position - I can see in the photo a little colouring on the side (its not naked it to the eye I can't see it in real, I don't know when why how it appears) BUT my question is -----> is it normal for them to have the slightest littlest colour change ??? it was like a yellowish, pink colour, it wasn't all her body but it was near the ribs and beard :)

98861-7266538115.jpg
98861-4096715534.jpg

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
she just had a shed before I took this photo or photos and she nor shedding at the moment sorry, it was only taken Wednesday, I don't see it to the naked eye that's the problem, I tried running my finger over that area case was bit of fluff but nope nothing even I check beard, so I baffled but at least I know where check and it's not spreaded, sorry

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know I’m feeding her right and having lights on right time and correct temp but am I doing right? please, because today on the 21st of October she is 23 and half centimetres and 21 grams and I’ve had her just on 6 months :)
98861-7147275880.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She probably has several more growth spurts coming. She looks nice and healthy though and you're doing a great job with her. It's OK if she isn't growing a lot early on. They grow at different rates so it's better to look at how she looks overall (full fat pads, developed muscles, weight stable or increasing, alert and active, etc) rather than worrying about the measurements themselves.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I was in petshop looking at newights, I'm no expert so I need your help please :) I see 36 inch long lights for 25 watt and 50 watt - is that what I need ? they say 5.0 and is not named reptisun

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
JIMMIA":16xkho4i said:
I was in petshop looking at newights, I'm no expert so I need your help please :) I see 36 inch long lights for 25 watt and 50 watt - is that what I need ? they say 5.0 and is not named reptisun
Could you post some pics of the lights you are looking at? Jimmia would need a Reptisun T5HO (High output) 10.0 Tube bulb. For best health results and a healthier dragon.

Also get a normal White basking light (like a normal halogen bulb) that doesn't have color added to it and throw out the red one.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't want the 5.0 version. 10.0 is more appropriate for a dragon. At those wattages I believe they are T8 tubes so I would look for a T5. The wattage difference usually comes down to a different in bulb length. I agree that if you can post photos or links to what you're seeing, we can help you find a good match.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Also, they are much harder to find (and generally more expensive) at pet stores so you would probably find the best deal on Amazon.com.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
here is a link to a online store to the name of store I go to " https://www.petbarn.com.au/reptile/reptile-heating-lighting " , I know might have something different to what have in the store itself but I will let you know next time I'm in there and take some photos and the lady said if I need anything from there site let her know and she will order it :) please remember I'm from Australia and we have different climate seasons to youse because we are soon to start summer in December :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":3i9ntymn said:
here is a link to a online store to the name of store I go to " https://www.petbarn.com.au/reptile/reptile-heating-lighting " , I know might have something different to what have in the store itself but I will let you know next time I'm in there and take some photos and the lady said if I need anything from there site let her know and she will order it :) please remember I'm from Australia and we have different climate seasons to youse because we are soon to start summer in December :)

Yep, I used to visit my local PetBarn ( a big box style self serve pet shop chain here ) when I was buying mealworms and superworms and crickets in BioSUPPLIES or PISCUS tubs. I had an arrangement with the girls - they'd call me when they received their WEEKLY bulk order of crickets and set 8 - 10 tubs of medium crickets aside for me from the NEW batch each week.
We used to stock up on crickets on the way to do our weekly grocery shop.

The chain is focused on dogs, cats, birds, fish , guinea pigs, rabbits and horses. Usually takes girls as sales assistants either p/t while still in high school or as casuals as adults.

One of the girls at the local Pet Barn ( Warners Bay) took one Mildred's babies off my hands , we had visiting rights for a few years until she married and left the area .

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HippieLizards":a76lkium said:
Also, they are much harder to find (and generally more expensive) at pet stores so you would probably find the best deal on Amazon.com.
Amazon doesn't do international sales to Australia, they have been blacklisted by the ATD because they refused to collect the GST from sales to Australians.

The local "branch" of Amazon is not cheap to buy from. Better of buying via Ebay or from AMAZINGAMAZON based in Melboune https://www.amazingamazon.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=t5

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":qrylrel3 said:
JIMMIA":qrylrel3 said:

Yep, I used to visit my local PetBarn ( a big box style self serve pet shop chain here ) when I was buying mealworms and superworms and crickets in BioSUPPLIES or PISCUS tubs. I had an arrangement with the girls - they'd call me when they received their WEEKLY bulk order of crickets and set 8 - 10 tubs of medium crickets aside for me from the NEW batch each week.

The chain is focused on dogs, cats, birds, fish , guinea pigs, rabbits and horses. Usually takes girls as sales assistants either p/t while still in high school or as casuals as adults.

One of the girls at the local Pet Barn ( Warners Bay) took one Mildred's babies off my hands , we had visiting rights for a few years until she married and left the area .

@ kingofnobbys - do you suggest any of them type of lights I need for JIMMIA ? please, is that 10.0 one okay for her ? or anything on that website so I can ask so can preorder for Christmas ? :) also with those little tubs of crickets I give jimmia one of those every 2 days at least, I go throw at least 7 a week plus a small tub of woodies :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":3i03p0bk said:
kingofnobbys":3i03p0bk said:
JIMMIA":3i03p0bk said:

@ kingofnobbys - do you suggest any of them type of lights I need for JIMMIA ? please, is that 10.0 one okay for her ? or anything on that website so I can ask so can preorder for Christmas ? :) also with those little tubs of crickets I give jimmia one of those every 2 days at least, I go throw at least 7 a week plus a small tub of woodies :)

If you are only interested in going to Pet Barn, the DON"T buy any REPTILE ONE globes or UV tubes.

Jimma's about 6 months old ?? I'd suggest crickets no bigger than 1/3 size at time of order .

My advise is order your crickets in bulk a week or two before the Xmas shutdown , maybe 800 or 1000 crickets in the bulk order from either Frog Arcade , Livefoods Unlimited or BioSupplies
Crickets :
http://www.biosupplies.net.au/medium-1-25cm-crickets/
http://www.livefoods.com.au/live-insects/crickets/medium-crickets-qty-of-250
https://frogs.org.au/live-foods/product/medium-crickets/

I suggest saving at least 12 empty cricket tubs (give them a clean) and reuse the egg holders that came in them and the felt as your future cricket keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom