Marlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Marlow was going to be Jasper after the desert mineral
But given we were unsure of gender we decided to change it to a gender neutral name
My other half loves the name Marlow but I wanted a Aussie linked name - just incase I decided to google “Marlow Australia” and to my surprise it came up saying “Marlow a suburb in New South Wales ,Australia” so I guess for any future dragons to become a part of our family we will be googling names of suburbs in Australia to follow the theme haha

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol all my beardies are named with a similar theme that sorta fits together... except it isn't Australia related things lol.

They're all named after Marvel/DC characters lol. I currently have Loki, Daisy, and Rocket. I also used to have Cisco (from The Flash), and Thor. Lol so it makes a fun little challenge to make a good name that you like that also fits in with the theme. :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I like the marvel theme :) we thought about that for our fish. We have betta fish , we started marvel with Loki , then next one was pheonix since he was red, the a blue called dr suess and a red called Aladdin as kids decided kids tv characters were the theme then. Then the next one so had a Japanese name , he became Niko (meaning daylight )
Then when we got Koda which is japanese for “from the rice paddy of happiness” it fits given they live in the rice paddies in the wild.

Koda and Niko are still with us now
Koda:
101427-3379694601.jpg

Niko:
101427-9136900426.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Jaspersmama":dgldc5bg said:
I like the marvel theme :) we thought about that for our fish. We have betta fish , we started marvel with Loki , then next one was pheonix since he was red, the a blue called dr suess and a red called Aladdin as kids decided kids tv characters were the theme then. Then the next 2 came 5 years later and we went with Kaido which is japanese for little dragon so the other one had to have a Japanese name to so he became Niko (meaning daylight )
Then when kaido passed away we got Koda which is japanese for “from the rice paddy of happiness” which fits given they live in the rice paddies in the wild.

Koda and Niko are still with us now
Koda:
101427-3379694601.jpg

Niko:
101427-9136900426.jpg
Koda and Niko are gorgeous. :love10: My little guy is named Kevin. Lol. View media item 60487 View media item 60421 He is a nice little fish (edit: we also upgraded his tank to a much bigger one and he is now much more active, and sorry for the blurry pics, Kevin was moving around a lot).

I like your style of names, they're cool lol.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Jaspersmama":1dajq2j4 said:
Somebody tuckered himself out on rapashy grub pie.....
101427-7098296610.jpg
Aww. :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aw Kevin is cute!! How old is he?
Niko and Koda are approx 2 years old ( we got them a few months ago though )
We had dr suess and Aladdin for 3 years from babies but this time we took on older ones

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Jaspersmama":1aqy23xj said:
Aw Kevin is cute!! How old is he?
Niko and Koda are approx 2 years old ( we got them a few months ago though )
We had dr suess and Aladdin for 3 years from babies but this time we took on older ones
Yeah Kevin is a cute little guy, we aren't really sure on his age though, we have only had him for around a week or two.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah it is tricky to tell age unless you’ve had them since baby age, I would guess kevin is about 1-1.5years though as he seems in his prime and has full grown fins and he has the arched hump they get when they reach around 1year old too
Thats about the age we got Niko and Koda

Marlow got his enclosure update the other day
And here’s some new pics of him

Old compared to upgraded size
101427-7186004342.jpg
Backing in ( still waiting on Arcadia prot5 12% t5 lighting to arrive)
101427-8065535221.jpg
101427-7604160188.jpg
And he’s slowly adapting to baths
101427-5019113738.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yeah I was guessing 1 year or so, and wow you really know your Bettas lol. I haven't found the best betta care info around yet (so many freaking mixed opinions) But I'm still researching. :study:

Wow. The new tank looks great! It's huge. I bet Marlow will love it. :D

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I love Bettas like I now do beardies so it’s fun learning more and more about them :)
Feel free to message me if there is anything specific your trying to find as I understand the mixed opinions things greatly! You get that with any pet though aye - when you mix a whole lot of people together who are passionate about their pets there is then a huuuge number of opinions all in one place at one time haha

He seems to like it so far - although today we went on a road trip to some petstores further away and came home with decor to start filling the viv and he’s a bit overwhelmed by all the “invading things” he is giving the stink eye to at the moment
101427-2390211397.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yeah Having Kevin has really showed his little personality. and Ok, Thanks! :D and Yes, out there Especially in the reptile world there are Many, many, MANY mixed opinions lol.

Good to hear Marlow is doing good in his new tank! :D It really looks great and I love the little sticker that says "Marlow's cave" that is cute. :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks :) it’s actually a really cool solid acrylic sign made from recycled plastic I got made on eBay by
poppins_plaques

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Marlow accepted the yucca but the bonsai tree was too much stress for him haha so Niko happily took it off his hands
101427-7966948836.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom