Thermometer brand help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I had a reptile one digital thermometer dual probe setup ( looks the same as zoo med yellow ones but as two probes) in my other viv , but my new viv is too long for the probe to stretch all the way over to the basking spot as it’ll need to be 120cm/47” at least long
So I need a new one and will have to order overseas as we don’t have other options in nz
It would have to be battery operated not plug in ( different plug in nz )

Are there any that can sit fully inside the viv? I’ve seen some on here have them in the viv with a lcd display standing in the viv - what brand are those?
Thanks in advance :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd just look for a digital aquarium thermometer with a probe that has a length that you need. The brand isn't so important. You could get a basic infrared temp gun to double check surface temps as well if you'd like.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a thermo gun :) just like seeing the temp easy on the display screen when I’m in the room
Struggling to find one longer than a meter though

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Jaspersmama":2cpaoawr said:
I have a thermo gun :) just like seeing the temp easy on the display screen when I’m in the room
Struggling to find one longer than a meter though

1m is plenty long enough , all you need is one which can have it's probe where you need it and the display somewhere handy (outside the tank), only people I know who need cables to the probes longer than 1m are people who have large pet goannas / monitors and frill necked dragons and eastern water dragons in outside aviary style pits/enclosures.... (up to 4m L x 3m W x 2m T).

I typically have 3 per tank/tub and can see my temperatures at a glance anytime I want.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No I have one opening for it
In old viv I had it stuck just next to the opening ( which is on cold end) and it had dual probes, one just went inside in cold end but the other stretched right across viv to basking spot at other end. It now won’t fit in new viv as hot end is 120cm away not 90cm
Hence why I’m wanting to get one with the bigger display screen so I can have all of it inside

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like being able to just glance at the display to see the basking and cool surface temps like you're describing. I have a Herpstat 2 controller that has long probe wires but that is probably more expensive than you need (and I'm not sure if they're available in NZ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom