Zilla cave - is it big enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Just wondering if anyone here has this Zilla cave? If so could you tell me if the opening is big enough for a dragon please?
I have to order it from overseas so I can’t see it in person
101427-9636642336.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don’t know the measurements that is why I thought I would ask here if anyone has one for their beardies :)
All I know is it is 12cm at the tallest part from the bottom

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It doesn’t say unfortunately .. but I am thinking about 30cm ish as it looks about 2.5 x longer than it is tall

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Why not send off an email to the vendor and ask for internal measurements and actual size of the entrance hole.

Is very easy to get caught out with these resin hides , if very tight for a large lizard , because of their construction (a ledge around the base on the inside) a too large lizard who can't easily turn around inside can get trapped under and be unable to extricate itself and very traumatic to forceable pull it out (hurts !!!).

Be doubly sure there is going to loads of space for your dragon inside when it's full grown.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I tried that but that one and another I was interested in the seller does not accept questions on , I think I’ll just get a Exo Terra large as that he will definetly fit in full grown still

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I was a bit put off when it was mentioned he might get stuck... I have a betta fish get stuck recently ( I am really careful to only get decor with holes big enough for them too but he got stuck in a part that didn’t even cross my mind ) so I don’t want to experience that again with Marlow.
I ordered a Zilla basking ramp instead

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Rex got herself well and truly wedged in tight under one of these at one stage
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Resin-Hide-Log-29cm-Cichlid-Fish-Reptile-Lizard-Snake-Spider-Hatchling-GLG-119/173463907877?epid=1291563456&hash=item2863412e25:g
, only good thing was I was home at the time and heard her struggling to get unstock …. I literally had no choice but to grab her tail and pull her backwards to extract her as she was very tightly stuck .
I immediately retired these hides and ordered a jumbo HubbaHut for each (Rex and Puff) and made do with a cardboard mailing box til the new hides arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom