You know you're a beardie owner when...

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: You know you're a beardie owner when...

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:43 am

...When It becomes a case of 'Where's Waldo?' Every time you try to find your Gecko ever since you added more hiding spots.

...When you have to rush to the post office to pick up 800 roaches.
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Lorilyn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 am

HippieLizards wrote:...When It becomes a case of 'Where's Waldo?' Every time you try to find your Gecko ever since you added more hiding spots.

...When you have to rush to the post office to pick up 800 roaches.

:lol: when you rush to the post office to pick up your roaches and when the new person finds your box and screams and everyone else who works there laughs cause screamer refuses to pick up the box
Lorilyn
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: That Is hilarious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby ScaryDemonDragon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:15 pm

You are watching tv and your beardie escapes to watch it from your head
Do you guys ever wonder why your lizard, oh beloved lizard, gives you the stink eye? You know you are in trouble then. They will probably burn down your house! But don't worry, because after they burn down the neighborhood, he/she will have let all the anger out, and then you will be best buds again! With a few 'slight' bank payments, you will be completly broke!
ScaryDemonDragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Lol.
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Xanelic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:28 pm

When you scream in class and it says that your dubias have arrived at your door but.. You're in school..

When you let your beardie sit on your head whenever they want

When you forgive them for pooping on your favorite blanket

When you buy them actual toys from the kids section (I bought my little guy a cat toy that moves around when exposed to the sun. He loves it and isnt terrified of it lol
>>Chien is 5 months old<<
Xanelic
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Lorilyn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:44 am

Hahaha Hilarious! Its even better to know I’m not the only crazy slave. I look for Biggs stuff in the cat section, in the dog section, in the ferret section and I am now even thinking of “Her Royalness” Biggs when I look for sweaters and hoodies for myself! I now go through a routine in my head of....is this soft enough, will her nails get caught, is it too slippery for her to hang onto, will she like the color and will she approve 🤣🤣😂😂 I would say my husband is jealous but she now has him wrapped in her little claws too
Lorilyn
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Juniper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:59 pm

When, some days, trying to get an adult to eat greens still looks like this: [Click image to enlarge]
Juniper
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 am

Lorilyn wrote:Hahaha Hilarious! Its even better to know I’m not the only crazy slave. I look for Biggs stuff in the cat section, in the dog section, in the ferret section and I am now even thinking of “Her Royalness” Biggs when I look for sweaters and hoodies for myself! I now go through a routine in my head of....is this soft enough, will her nails get caught, is it too slippery for her to hang onto, will she like the color and will she approve 🤣🤣😂😂 I would say my husband is jealous but she now has him wrapped in her little claws too
Lol so true about the clothes thing. 😂 I always have to make sure it is dragon safe/dragon approved. 🤣

Juniper wrote:When, some days, trying to get an adult to eat greens still looks like this: [Click image to enlarge]
Lol Yep. I cannot get Daisy to eat her greens to save my life :lol:
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby SHBailey » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Yeah -- Daisy and Puff both. Puff only eats greens when he's mortally hungry. But I can relate to that -- I don't like greens either. How can I expect our beardie to eat his greens if his human mommy doesn't set a good example for him? He sees me eating little chocolate candies and probably thinks they're roaches. :P Fortunately, he gets a better example from his daddy. And that reminds me, here's another one for you:

You Know You're a Beardie Owner When:

You let your husband eat the stale collard greens that are no longer good enough for your bearded dragon. :mrgreen:

Ours is a klutz as a hunter, too. He's been known to stick out his tongue and expect the crickets to hop on there by themselves, and then give us "The Look" when they don't comply. :roll:

And yes, even if your favorite clothes are dragon-friendly, you still have to forgive your beardie if they get pooped on. (Ours usually poops in his bath, but even if your beardie is reasonably "housebroken," you can never count on it for 100% sure -- accidents do happen.)
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:37 am

you know your a bearded dragon owner when ------>

you're at a second hand / pawn / recycle cloth
shop and you look at kid toys to see what can
put in the tank for decorations (example ----->
JIMMIA in her little strawberry shortcake car lol)
[Click image to enlarge]

OR
you are in one of those stores and buy a old Barbie
Doll and strip it and muck around and dress up
your beardie in them clothes lol (not done it but I've
thought about doing it a few times haha

sorry
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby ScaryDemonDragon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Why do you say sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for. Don't worry about it. (F.Y.I. This was not meant to be rude.)
Do you guys ever wonder why your lizard, oh beloved lizard, gives you the stink eye? You know you are in trouble then. They will probably burn down your house! But don't worry, because after they burn down the neighborhood, he/she will have let all the anger out, and then you will be best buds again! With a few 'slight' bank payments, you will be completly broke!
ScaryDemonDragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:47 pm

ScaryDemonDragon wrote:Why do you say sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for. Don't worry about it. (F.Y.I. This was not meant to be rude.)

I apologize a lot because I'm in a lot of hurt at the moment everyday, I feel I say something wrong, people take advantage of my kind heart and I've got to apologize for something I don't even do because feel so little or stupid and plus it's how I am, sorry :(
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm

JIMMIA wrote:you know your a bearded dragon owner when ------>

you're at a second hand / pawn / recycle cloth
shop and you look at kid toys to see what can
put in the tank for decorations (example ----->
JIMMIA in her little strawberry shortcake car lol)
[Click image to enlarge]

OR
you are in one of those stores and buy a old Barbie
Doll and strip it and muck around and dress up
your beardie in them clothes lol (not done it but I've
thought about doing it a few times haha

sorry

OMG!!! That's adorable and, the barbie clothes, that was a nice kicker, LOL!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie Tales