Brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if my bearded dragon, Floyd, is sick or brumating. He has never brumated before (He didn't brumate last winter. His symptoms are the following:

Lethargic, very tired
No appetite
Throwing up any food I force feed him
Pooping less, not much content in his poop. Mostly just his urate and water.

The weather here has changed very quickly, and I will admit I have taken him out of his cage more than i should have. Whats your opinion?

EDIT* According to my temperature gauge his heat lamps are around 95-100
He has a Reptisun 10.0 UVB Bulb

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. The throwing up part is not good. When Beardies brumate they don't throw up. Can you post a picture of him and his set up?

heidiveinohatt

Original Poster
destiny1998":2tjgyrqa said:
Hi. The throwing up part is not good. When Beardies brumate they don't throw up. Can you post a picture of him and his set up?

No I was thinking he was throwing it up because when they brumate their digestive system is kind of in a shut down state and I was putting food into his stomach which was making him sick. Im not sure how to post photos on here? But everything is as it should be, ive triple checked with the vet and the opinions here online. As for how he looks, today his eyes were very sunken in but I believe that he was dehydrated because I noticed his humidity levels were too low which has since been fixed and i gave him some water. I also noticed his brow bone was not round but it was now flat which im not sure if it is related or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom