Mounting UVB inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Hi, I've always wanted to mount my Reptisun UVB tube inside but I could never find out how. My dad says that he's a little scared to do it as Chien could touch it but the reptisuns have never given off heat for me (honestly I'm wondering if he's more of a beardie dad than me :lol:

I have a reptile enclosure so i have two wire spaces on the back (I don't know if fish tanks have it, never owned a fish in my life).

I've heard people use Velcro, but doesn't Velcro get worn out over time? I also heard people use wiring but I can never understand how

Some questions :

Do I need a hood to mount it inside or just a light fixture? And can I just buy a fixture from Walmart or target?

How far should it be?

Is changing it every 3-4 months enough?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, this is one way to attach the fixture inside. :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full

Those are just long twist ties that I looped through the screen. And no, the dragon can't get burned from these lights. Most of the Reptisun bulbs are good for 6-8 months, maybe a bit longer.

Some people do use under cabinet fixtures from Walmart / Home Depot as long as they are compatible with the bulb.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1c0hteci said:
Hi there, this is one way to attach the fixture inside. :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full

Those are just long twist ties that I looped through the screen. And no, the dragon can't get burned from these lights. Most of the Reptisun bulbs are good for 6-8 months, maybe a bit longer.

Some people do use under cabinet fixtures from Walmart / Home Depot as long as they are compatible with the bulb.

Any type of twist ties that I can find that can go through the mesh screen I have since its quite small. I can try finding small ones that are thin though, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom