Basking bulb - URS spot globe ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Set up new viv and struggling with basking light. I have looked everywhere for a par38 and only one I could get was too large for my dome.it didn’t work for setup.
So I hurried out to get one elsewhere and petshop only had one , this one https://www.mypetwarehouse.com.au/urs-basking-spot-globe-75w-p-15284 but in 60w. So far it’s getting temp up , I’ve onky had it going for 10mins.

But is it an ok light? I can order one to replace it but I’ll be looking at a week before it arrives so I’ll have to use the URS at least for a week
If it’s not a good one would this be better?
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-basking-solar-flood/ I can order that one to replace it if need be

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did buy the URS one but it’s not giving me quite high enough temp so I think I’ll try getting the Arcadia one

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) For now can you drape a small blanket or heavy towel over part of the viv to keep more heat in ?

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have the basking and the che ( che is on full time as it’s cold here) in domes sitting on top of the mesh
The basking spot is only 33c and cool end is 23c ish

I’m using a temp gun for those temps
And ignore the uvb hood as I’m just waiting on my t5 prot5 Arcadia 12% kit to arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom