Hole in screen

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Hole in screen

Postby GalacticReptilian » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Hello. I have a problem with the screen I've used for my tank, is there a way to fix this?
There is a hole in the screen caused by a heat bulb melting into the screen, then cracking.
Can I still use the screen?
GalacticReptilian
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Hole in screen

Postby GalacticReptilian » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:42 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
GalacticReptilian
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Is that a fabric screen top rather than a metal one? If so you can probably replace it using a roll of door screen from the hardware store. If you have lights above the tank though, a metal screen is a better option. If you don't have other animals in the house you might be able to leave the screen top off and suspend the lights overhead using an adjustable lamp stand.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby GalacticReptilian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:10 pm

CooperDragon wrote:Is that a fabric screen top rather than a metal one? If so you can probably replace it using a roll of door screen from the hardware store. If you have lights above the tank though, a metal screen is a better option. If you don't have other animals in the house you might be able to leave the screen top off and suspend the lights overhead using an adjustable lamp stand.

It's a metal screen and everything is fine now, thanks for your help.
GalacticReptilian
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Get rid of the screen entirely …. replace with a sheet of MDF or 3/4" plywood with either the basking globe's ceramic e27 fitting fitted underneath it or a hole cut to allow the dome to sit on the top of the wood sheet.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures