Preserving greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardMom

This (to me) sounds like kindof a "duh" question but I'm wondering if there's any way to preserve my beardie's greens so they last longer. I don't wanna freeze them for obvious reasons but I'm also hesitant to try to dry them out because I think it cuts the nutritional value down quite a bit. Any tricks up yall's sleeves as to how you might make them last longer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
BeardMom":150mty2j said:
This (to me) sounds like kindof a "duh" question but I'm wondering if there's any way to preserve my beardie's greens so they last longer. I don't wanna freeze them for obvious reasons but I'm also hesitant to try to dry them out because I think it cuts the nutritional value down quite a bit. Any tricks up yall's sleeves as to how you might make them last longer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just out mines in a ziplock bag. After I give my beardie his greens I spray the bag with the greens inside and zip it back up without any trapped air in it and then I just put it in the fridge

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do that too and it works well. As soon as I get greens home or harvest them, I wash them, cut the stem out and feed that to the roach colony, put the leaves in a quart ziploc with a fold of paper towel, remove the air, and put it in the fridge. I can keep greens crisp for weeks that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom