please help, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
please don't judge me, but my little darling is only 21 grams and 23 and half centimeters, I've had her for 6 months but potentially I don't know how old she was before got her, so I'd say she no older than 7 months as she was just only thing (15 centimeters and 8 grams) :)

so is she okay ?

I've been feeding her about 20 crickets / 18 roaches (woodies), 5 superworms every 2 days (not all at once, it's what I've come to conclusion out of what I see and give her and thinking possibly eaten, and yes I throw away the waste every day), she has always fresh fruit and vegetables and water;

so is she okay ?

this is her today

98861-7147275880.jpg

this when first measure

98861-1485698838.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She looks to be fairly healthy and, her length is ok.
I'd cut out the superworms though, they are very hard for babies and, juveniles to digest. Even adults have issues with them. That is why they are only recommended as treats for adults (1 1/2yrs and older).
She should eat as many bugs as she wants in a ten minute period, twice a day and, offer fresh salads all day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, she looks healthy to me, also. As suggested, adjust the insect types right now, to help
with better absorption.
What type of lighting & supplementation are you giving her?

Tracie

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you very much :) I meant mealworms sorry not superworms :) the lights I use are
98861-2781585148.jpg
98861-7116787401.jpg

I have read kingofnobby post once before, I kind of understand it but I don't if kinda make sense (I mean NO HARM NO DISRESPECT),

some say don't listen to some pet shops but where I go " Pet Barn Australia " the lady I talk to who has had bearded dragons - she set me up with these lights I needed, she tells me JIMMIA is looking good also as I show her photos when I'm in there every 3 days, (she says I got just change the white light every 6 months)

sorry

thank you

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Mealworms are the same consistency as superworms and, are not good for young dragons...impaction risk.
I hate to say this but those coil lights cause eye irritations, eye infections and/or blindness. They don't operate on the right frequency for desert dwellers. Most here will agree that the arcadia 12% or the reptisun T5 HO 10.0 Long tube type are the best for dragons and, their needs!!!

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you :)

I am just waiting for Christmas because I will be transferring her into a new 5ft long 3ft high 3ft wide tank,

than now thats when i really need to ask help from here

But I'm not saying I'm stupid but like I don't understand stuff still sorry :|

I see everyone's beautiful terraniums and gives me ideas etc :)

but now I'm lost again sorry :(

like I need know a exact link on the light product I exactly need and is it in Australia ?

sorry :(

Kait98

Yeah, I'd suggest replacing her lighting. Here's a good site to get the Arcadia light fixture. You'll want to get a fixture that is a T5 and the UVB should be a 12% T5 HO (High Output) and should always have the 6.5k daylight bulb with it as well. The guy is awesome and super friendly if you have any questions or concerns. His site is also very informative too. ----> http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/

Hope this helps if you do decide to get this setup. In the long run it is cheaper since you only need to change the bulbs once a year as a opposed to every 6 months with the Reptisun. Oh, and for heat I just use crystal clear light bulbs I bought off of eBay but I'm sure you can find stuff specifically for beardies too (just don't use anything that is red or some other weird color other than white; it causes a lot of harm to the eyes).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For now I would change the 13w UVB and use a 26w instead. This http://exo-terra.com/en/products/reptile_uvb200.php It should fit in your existing fixture.

Instead of a red basking light, use a bright white one. The wattage you need will depend on your setup and the distance to the basking area. You'll need to try some different ones and adjust based on the surface temperature readings.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I do not know if this will help but I went to the pet store for JIMMIA feed, and how I mentioned I will take photos of the lights, so I don’t know if it will help but “ WILL ANY OF THESE LIGHTS BE OKAY ?? please “ :) I will be transerferimg her into a 5 foot long, 2 foot high, 2 foot wide tank by Christmas time if things go to plan :) so ARE ANY OF THESE THE LIGHTS I NEED ? please :)

98861-5734832920.jpg
98861-397522045.jpg
98861-1900997092.jpg
98861-1900997092.jpg
98861-9434432420.jpg
98861-3144451627.jpg
98861-479897019.jpg
98861-2187912041.jpg
98861-8778312327.jpg
98861-1805175003.jpg
98861-1962526227.jpg
98861-492605889.jpg
98861-8668945613.jpg
98861-7575159101.jpg
98861-8668945613.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unfortunately, no. In my opinion, none of those are sufficient for a bearded dragon. The prices are quite high too, so I'd save up and invest in a high quality light and have it shipped in if need be.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the Reptile One brand is a china made light & not a real good quality light.
The links provided are excellent & the Arcadia tube bulbs should be able to be shipped over
to you in Australia or be available there possibly already.
Any type of basking light such as a halogen light, is fine for basking. For that large of a tank,
you will most likely need a 160 watt or at least a 120 watt.
That will be a great sized tank, too, very nice! No worries, you wont be kicked off of the
boards here. :D

Tracie

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you very much everyone, I will see if the petshop can get the, for me :) here is a recent photo of her :)
98861-5976971672.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom