Dimming switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edayy

I have as 4x2x2 Enclosure. All wood. Is there a way I can get the right basking temp with a dimming switch for my flood bulb? Or what bulbs do you guys recommend?

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
What basking bulb are you using? I built my 4x2x2 out of melamine and use a 38watt par38 GE flood bulbs. I also have both my basking and 60 watt Che on dimmers to hit the proper temp. Also the GE bulb is a halogen. So yes a dimmer can be used.

Smilobar

I used to use a dimmer switch for my flood light when I first got my viv, but it turned out I had to dim it so much that I just switched to a lower wattage. Mine is wood too, 48x25x18, and I went with a 30w flood bulb. A dimmer is a great idea to get accurate temps, just switch wattages if the light isn't bright enough as you dim! :)

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
Smilobar":2j9npkr4 said:
. A dimmer is a great idea to get accurate temps, just switch wattages if the light isn't bright enough as you dim! :)
Excellent point. If you basking bulb is too dim. Go with lower wattage bulb to regain brightness.

With all the lighting questions i see on here i think a new stick on the subject needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom