The adventures of Daisy, Loki, Rocket, and Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread all about Cisco, Thor, Daisy, and Gizmo. I'll try to post lots of updates on my beardies (and my gecko too) View media item 60434 Cisco enjoyed the sun yesterday. :D Also today is my one year anniversary with Cisco! :blob5: and Cisco was my first beardie so it's also my one year of keeping reptiles too!! :blob5:

More pictures coming soon.

-HippieLizards.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Loki has a CASTLE. Looks great. Lots of room for him to run around. Love the pic of Loki and Daisy cuddling under the blanket. Looks like love is in the air. Funny cause Biggs likes trying to claim any crochet project I work on. Wonder if it’s the texture or that yarn holds warmth really well? ?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
SHBailey":12hpsii9 said:
Love the photos -- cute necklace with his name on it. And the new tank looks great -- should be plenty of space for him, and it looks like you're well on your way to getting it pretty well spruced up already.

It's a little early in the year for it, but it sounds like Daisy may be getting ideas about brumating. Best to keep an eye on her, though -- sometimes it's hard to tell. :?
Lol thank you, and Yeah. I'm just guessing that she's trying to brumate but I really don't know. :? I've been reading up on brumation and what you can do.

But today I took her out and gave her some free roaming time. She also stole many superworms and dubias from Loki and Cisco while I was feeding them. Lol.

Lorilyn":12hpsii9 said:
Loki has a CASTLE. Looks great. Lots of room for him to run around. Love the pic of Loki and Daisy cuddling under the blanket. Looks like love is in the air. Funny cause Biggs likes trying to claim any crochet project I work on. Wonder if it’s the texture or that yarn holds warmth really well? ?
Lol yeah, Loki has been adoring his new tank (a 3x16x18 tank to a 4x2x2 tank) But now he'll just sit in his food bowl and stare at me waiting to get out. :roll:

and Yes, Daisy has been a bit more 'responsive' to Loki Which has been interesting but she still ignores him most of the time or goes and sits on Loki's head telling him that she isn't interested. :lol: :roll:

The crochet blankets have been great for my beardies and they adore them. Every night Loki will bite his blanket, drag it across his cage and plop down in his food bowl, burrow under the salad, and his blanket will be right next to it and he'll scratch in his bowl until I go and put the blanket over him.

They are very warm and soft so my beardies also really love that. and This is how Cisco normally falls asleep each day/night: View media item 61005 She'll bury half of her body into the blanket and that'll be how she sleeps that night. :lol:

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
LOL what great sexy legs, Marlyn Monroe would be jealous. And now I wanna make Biggs her own special blanket. I gave her a piece of my tee shirt but she wants nothing to do with it.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol.. and yeah.. They're sooo picky! :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok, So I Have made a huge victory regarding Daisy, Since she was in a filthy tank and was Never washed and was Super Dirty, She and her tank has always been Very Very smelly. :?

and I've been scraping and scrubbing and spraying so much in the past eight or so months of having Daisy I Finally, Beat the stench today!!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob8: :D

So I Went and took everything out of the tank, Hosed off the tile and then sprayed it with a vinegar/water solution I made (It works wonders with cleaning dragons tanks) and let it sit out in the sunlight for about an hour.

Then I Went and sprayed everything in Daisy's tank with the solution and even the tank itself, and let that sit for around 30 minutes. While I Was waiting for the vinegar to take effect in her tank I Went and sprayed Daisy (only on her back and stomach, not her head) and let her stay like that for around five minutes then went and washed her off. The vinegar/water worked!!! :blob5: :D She actually Smells like a normal, clean (not stinky) Beardie now!! :D :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: She looks and smells great once again. :D

Also I Put a digging box in Cisco's tank temporarily since she's been digging a lot in her hide. and Loki's Been super active and hormonal lately, He actually was playing around in a little water dish and acted as if it was a (lukewarm) hot tub/mini pool for him Lol. :)

Also I Updated my signature to one of Thor's best pics (I Had to resize it to fit in like three times Lol).

I Started with a 250 x 120 photo, to a 200 x 100, View media item 60697 Then finally this 175 x 75 photo Lol (Just barely fits).

and This, Has been my day today. :roll: :D

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Some cute pictures of the beardies: ?

View media item 60890 Recently Gizmo Decided to be a daredevil and climb on the walls :roll: He enjoyed doing so.
View media item 60774 Loki’s been a bit grumpy lately Lol.

View media item 60493
View media item 60514
View media item 60446 Got a little mermaid blanket for baby dolls and Daisy LOVES it. She has not moved from it since, and hissed at me when I tried moving her from it. :roll:

View media item 60978 and Cisco got a little photo shoot while Basking Lol

View media item 60384
View media item 60698
View media item 61004I Thought this one needed a caption. ?

View media item 61130
View media item 60810 FYI: the red on her chin was some blackberries she demolished yesterday.
View media item 60679
View media item 60477
View media item 60753
View media item 60728 and I Found a cute picture of Thor from when I Used to take him outside to give him his sunlight treatment. ❤️❤️❤️

Lately the beardies have all been doing good. :)

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
I love Daisy’s blanket. It looks like a tube. Does it stay that shape? Your babies are very photogenic. And your right, you may think your the boss....but Cisco knows who the boss really is. LOL

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yeah it stays in that shape, It was intended for baby dolls or something but I thought it would be perfect for the beardies. :) and That really was how Cisco was acting Lol. She's a little stinker. :roll:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sorry for not posting in a while.. a LOT has happened.

Cisco unexpectedly passed away on September 22nd while we were on vacation with her. :cry: :cry: I Will miss her greatly. We don't entirely know what caused it, but she had been having a black beard and refusal to eat for about 2 weeks (and the vet was out of town so we couldn't bring her in).

Then about the day before we found her dead she was bumping into everything as if she had lost her eyesight.

Then on the 22nd we had come back from somewhere and I went to give Cisco some water.. and we found her stiff, unresponsive, mouth open, and eyes caved in. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cisco was the queen of the house, and she knew it. She was a one of a kind beardie and nothing can replace her ever. Her and Thor will always hold a special place in my heart. Cisco was the sweetest and prettiest beardie I have ever seen. I love and miss her greatly. :(

View media item 60610View media item 60982View media item 60470View media item 60709View media item 61084View media item 60999View media item 60771View media item 60679View media item 60753View media item 60492View media item 60384View media item 60649View media item 60704View media item 61045View media item 61064View media item 60371View media item 60683View media item 60705View media item 61061View media item 60586View media item 60406View media item 61016

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you. :) I will love and miss her greatly.

we buried her next to Thor and planted some flowers around it. ❤️

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Awww what a little cutie! Was the newest member of the pack (???? what is a reptile family called????) named yet?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thanks, he eats like whoa, and His name is Rocket. He is just the sweetest thing ever. ?

Lol I call my reptile family The pack/crew/Herd/Thingamajigs :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom