Really sick (and possibly egg bound!) Help! (RIP Cisco).

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah, she did look happy basking... :)

I have bad news, I'm deeply saddened to say that Cisco passed last night. :cry: :cry: :cry: We're guessing she passed at around 4-6 PM. We still don't know what happened or caused it. :(

I went to check on her and she was gone. :cry: She showed all the signs when I picked her up, Stiff, eyes open, mouth open, black beard, completely unresponsive. :cry: about an hour later her whole entire body went as stiff as a board. :cry:

I Will be posting more updates later.. I Will miss her very much. :cry:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear it. :( You could tell she was really sick and I was hoping for the best but really did think it would end up bad. My heart goes out to you.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah.. :cry: from the first day of showing signs of sickness I would've taken her to a vet but our vet was out of town and when we went out of town with her there wasn't any herp vets near us at all. :cry:

I'm wondering if it could've been from the stress from moving so much. :( But I feel awful for not getting her to a vet soon enough. :(

Thank Y'all so much for your help. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
:( just :(

…. I know you loved her and did everything you could for her.

Will you be getting a necropsy done ?
Perfectly understandable if you choose to give her a nice send off instead , as it wont help her.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
kingofnobbys":16oles4y said:
:( just :(

…. I know you loved her and did everything you could for her.

Will you be getting a necropsy done ?
Perfectly understandable if you choose to give her a nice send off instead , as it wont help her.
Thank you. :) I indeed will miss my first beardie very much so. :(

we might get a necropsy done but we are still figuring things out. :|

she will most likely be buried next to Thor.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, poor Cisco! I am so sorry you lost her, poor girl. :cry:
She wasn't alone though but she was pretty ill there. I was hoping she would be able to pull
out of it.
My condolences to you.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you. :) That was a photo of her getting ready to go to the beach. It was her little beach hat. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom