Taming Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
I've been putting my finger next to my beardie every night for some time now, maybe a week or more straight. He's started sitting on my hand when I offer food on the other side of it (so that he has to climb onto my hand to get to the food) and does this with no problem and will even sit a while in shock before leaping back onto his rock, but he still won't let me even pet his leg. Am I doing something wrong? When he backs away I don't like to push anything or stress him out so I don't try to pet him until the moment he's comfortable with my finger right next to him (or appears to be anyways)

Is there anyway to speed up the process or to improve it at least? I really want to give him a bath to help him shed and let him drink but since I can't pick him up it's difficult.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
xAnaBooo":2ve3ji04 said:
I've been putting my finger next to my beardie every night for some time now, maybe a week or more straight. He's started sitting on my hand when I offer food on the other side of it (so that he has to climb onto my hand to get to the food) and does this with no problem and will even sit a while in shock before leaping back onto his rock, but he still won't let me even pet his leg. Am I doing something wrong? When he backs away I don't like to push anything or stress him out so I don't try to pet him until the moment he's comfortable with my finger right next to him (or appears to be anyways)

Is there anyway to speed up the process or to improve it at least? I really want to give him a bath to help him shed and let him drink but since I can't pick him up it's difficult.

Routine is everything , and everytime you want to handle / pet him give him a food bribe.

Set up a bonding ritual that is the same everyday , and slowly gets longer.

Your dragon will come around when he/she's ready …. some take months , some are people friendly from the getgo. You can't rush this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom