I Think my 6mo old Crested gecko vomited. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Last night I was going to go and feed Gizmo and I found out that Gizmo's prepared pangea gecko food went bad, So I threw that out and instead fed him some apple, blueberry, banana baby food. He didn't seem to like it all that much so I didn't feed him that much.

Later this evening I found that Gizmo was a bit lethargic (which is very much not normal since he was a livewire yesterday before I fed him the baby food) and That there was some weird purplish gooey/gloppy stuff on his favourite spot. I Have no clue whether or not it's vomit or a weird poop. I'm really worried though.

I currently don't have a picture of it but I will try to post some soon. Also Gizmo is still hiding from what I can tell. He's not out perching on his favourite spot like he normally is each day/night. :(

Also the ingredients were (in order): Organic apple puree, organic banana puree, organic blueberry puree, organic lemon juice concentrate (isn't that bad? :? ) and the last ingredient was absorbic acid (to maintain color apparently). Are any of these ingredients bad? Good? Sorta?

His info:

Gender not known, Around 2-3" weighs around 11 grams, Around 6-7mo old right now. 10 Gal tank setup, Eats Pangea watermelon and mango gecko food mix and very tiny crickets and dubia roaches.

View media item 60887 View media item 60838 and This was my baby a few days ago :love5: View media item 60435
So is it vomit or a weird poop? Should I take him to a vet? Thank you in advance! :D

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
*This is also in the geckos forum but I wasn't sure to post it in either forum so I did both, So sorry if I'm wrong! :)

Last night I was going to go and feed Gizmo and I found out that Gizmo's prepared pangea gecko food went bad, So I threw that out and instead fed him some apple, blueberry, banana baby food. He didn't seem to like it all that much so I didn't feed him that much.

Later this evening I found that Gizmo was a bit lethargic (which is very much not normal since he was a livewire yesterday before I fed him the baby food) and That there was some weird purplish gooey/gloppy stuff on his favourite spot. I Have no clue whether or not it's vomit or a weird poop. I'm really worried though.

I currently don't have a picture of it but I will try to post some soon. Also Gizmo is still hiding from what I can tell. He's not out perching on his favourite spot like he normally is each day/night. :(

Also the ingredients were (in order): Organic apple puree, organic banana puree, organic blueberry puree, organic lemon juice concentrate (isn't that bad? :? ) and the last ingredient was absorbic acid (to maintain color apparently). Are any of these ingredients bad? Good? Sorta?

His info:

Gender not known, Around 2-3" weighs around 5 grams, Around 6-7mo old right now. 10 Gal tank setup, Eats Pangea watermelon and mango gecko food mix and very tiny crickets and dubia roaches.

View media item 60887 View media item 60838 and This was my baby a few days ago :love5: View media item 60435
So is it vomit or a weird poop? Should I take him to a vet? Thank you in advance! :D

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Update:

Gizmo has been doing much better and is very active and is eating well. He hasn't appeared to be sick at all and I guess it was just an upset stomach. But just to be safe i'll still be watching him and keeping y'all posted just in case. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I'm glad to hear that Gizmo is doing so much better now. :D He is such a beautiful crested, I
love his colors & markings.
So, he is back to eating well for you? They can get upset tummies just like other reptiles.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes, he is now very active and tries to eat everything (his favorite treats are strawberries, blueberries, and mangos) he also likes his food mix, Won't eat dubias but he'll destroy crickets. Lol.

He hasn't vomited any more since it happened thankfully. :)

View media item 60717 and Thank you, He is quite pretty. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom