Really sick (and possibly egg bound!) Help! (RIP Cisco).

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah, she did look happy basking... :)

I have bad news, I'm deeply saddened to say that Cisco passed last night. :cry: :cry: :cry: We're guessing she passed at around 4-6 PM. We still don't know what happened or caused it. :(

I went to check on her and she was gone. :cry: She showed all the signs when I picked her up, Stiff, eyes open, mouth open, black beard, completely unresponsive. :cry: about an hour later her whole entire body went as stiff as a board. :cry:

I Will be posting more updates later.. I Will miss her very much. :cry:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear it. :( You could tell she was really sick and I was hoping for the best but really did think it would end up bad. My heart goes out to you.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah.. :cry: from the first day of showing signs of sickness I would've taken her to a vet but our vet was out of town and when we went out of town with her there wasn't any herp vets near us at all. :cry:

I'm wondering if it could've been from the stress from moving so much. :( But I feel awful for not getting her to a vet soon enough. :(

Thank Y'all so much for your help. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
:( just :(

…. I know you loved her and did everything you could for her.

Will you be getting a necropsy done ?
Perfectly understandable if you choose to give her a nice send off instead , as it wont help her.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
kingofnobbys":16oles4y said:
:( just :(

…. I know you loved her and did everything you could for her.

Will you be getting a necropsy done ?
Perfectly understandable if you choose to give her a nice send off instead , as it wont help her.
Thank you. :) I indeed will miss my first beardie very much so. :(

we might get a necropsy done but we are still figuring things out. :|

she will most likely be buried next to Thor.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, poor Cisco! I am so sorry you lost her, poor girl. :cry:
She wasn't alone though but she was pretty ill there. I was hoping she would be able to pull
out of it.
My condolences to you.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you. :) That was a photo of her getting ready to go to the beach. It was her little beach hat. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom