CIGARETTE SMOKE???

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

CIGARETTE SMOKE???

Postby BriLeigh1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Me and my bearded dragon have recently moved back in with my mom, my bearded dragon has just now gotten used to her new environment. But my mom smokes cigarettes in the house, I keep my door shut 24/7 so it’s not going directly to her but the smell does go everywhere. My baby just got over a respiratory infection and she’s starting to show signs of it again. I can’t think of anything else that would be causing her to get sick. I don’t know what to do. Is there something else that might be causes her to get sick besides that bc moving out isn’t an option right now but I’m not gonna let her be sick all the time if that’s what it’s from :(
BriLeigh1
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: CIGARETTE SMOKE???

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Not ideal.

The smell of smoke will result in heightened stress for your dragon.

I think it would be worth investing in an air purifier to try to remove the smoke particles from the air in the house if she insists on smoking indoors.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Re: CIGARETTE SMOKE???

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am

Yeah a good air purifier with a hepa filter in the room should help clear the air up quite a bit. I have this one in my bedroom (not for smoke but for allergens) and it works very well https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTKAPUU/ At the least I would run a fan to try to circulate and ventilate air as much as possible. If the tank isn't near your mom while she's smoking I think the risk will be minimized.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER