bath time and apparently parched??

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

bath time and apparently parched??

Postby beardedlady1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:51 pm

So every now and then Ill give Ranger a nice bath. I know its the right temp when he poops lol And on here I've had lots of people tell me not to use a water dish. (Against their wishes I do because he dips his feet in the dish and will lounge on occasion)

Well tonight I gave Ranger a bath. The water was dripping off the faucet creating ripples. He swam (Yeah I make it deep enough for a subtle glide) over to the ripples and submerged his face and blew bubbles. What was that all about lol then he started gulping water! Was he thirsty? The last time I saw him do this was when I first put a water dish in his tank. He waltzed over submerged his face blew bubbles and then gulped water. Is this normal behavior?? Or do I have a bearded dragon that thinks he's a water dragon lol
beardedlady1
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: bath time and apparently parched??

Postby Drache613 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Health
Drache613

Re: bath time and apparently parched??

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:27 am

He was probably enjoying the water and was also a bit thirsty. Be careful about letting him put his head underwater because he could inhale some by accident which may cause issues. Generally they are pretty good about drinking from a bath if they are thirsty. Just dripping water on his nose from a syringe or dropper will allow him to lick it up and get plenty of water too.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health