Growth on Tail?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Growth on Tail?

Postby Birdy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi
So I’ve been to two different vets (exotic) and both said pretty much the same thing, just kind of looked at it and said they’ve seen things like this on other BDs and it’s just a little growth, etc. But the growth has changed since then, it has grown in size and is pinkish. I’m coming here for information on it, hopefully. Her name is Liz. It feels like it’s growing around the tail and where it first began has been growing longer, okay, it’s expanding and getting bigger, pretty much. It grows very slowly but it’s definitely getting larger. She’s had for quite a while, probably 1 and a half to 2 years now. And it does seem to hurt her, if I press on it she pulls her tail away, but if I press on a different part of her tail she doesn’t.
Liz is very much alert, eating, happy, and going potty no problem.:)
Thank you!
Here are some photos:
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
Birdy
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Growth on Tail?

Postby AHBD » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:37 pm

It looks like a cyst, maybe a vet could do a fine needle aspiration to see what they can draw out. Other than that it's just guessing.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Birdy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Thank you very much! So vet her?
Birdy
Hatchling Poster

Postby ScaryDemonDragon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Yeah, you should vet her. I wish you luck!
Do you guys ever wonder why your lizard, oh beloved lizard, gives you the stink eye? You know you are in trouble then. They will probably burn down your house! But don't worry, because after they burn down the neighborhood, he/she will have let all the anger out, and then you will be best buds again! With a few 'slight' bank payments, you will be completly broke!
ScaryDemonDragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby Birdy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:47 am

Thank you! Keep you updated too! :wink:
Birdy
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby ScaryDemonDragon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:37 pm

So, how'd it go? What did they say?
Do you guys ever wonder why your lizard, oh beloved lizard, gives you the stink eye? You know you are in trouble then. They will probably burn down your house! But don't worry, because after they burn down the neighborhood, he/she will have let all the anger out, and then you will be best buds again! With a few 'slight' bank payments, you will be completly broke!
ScaryDemonDragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby Birdy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:18 am

Hi,
So it turns out it's an old break! It's just swelling for some reason.
Here are some pictures:
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Her skeleton looks great! Which makes me very happy! And I'm glad it was nothing worse and not infected!
Thank you all again!! And have a great day!!
Birdy
Hatchling Poster

Postby ScaryDemonDragon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 am

I'm glad it was nothing major!
ScaryDemonDragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Hello,

Great picture on the x-ray. I'm glad it wasn't an abscess. Is your girl doing alright now?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby ScaryDemonDragon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:03 pm

I am glad it seems she is ok now (Evidence of being an old break, I'm guessing she is as good as they are)!
ScaryDemonDragon
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health