Swollen Inner Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amalthea

This is my cousin's Beardie. It has this sort of growth/swelling in it's eye. Does anyone know what it could possibly be?

I'm not too sure about her set-up as we don't live near each other.

61708-6289954679.jpg

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Amalthea":23qm5g9l said:
This is my cousin's Beardie. It has this sort of growth/swelling in it's eye. Does anyone know what it could possibly be?

61708-6289954679.jpg

Tell her to bring the little guy to a vet. Growths can be deadly if left untreated

Amalthea

Original Poster
Xanelic":3646oa1p said:
Amalthea":3646oa1p said:

61708-6289954679.jpg

Tell her to bring the little guy to a vet. Growths can be deadly if left untreated

I doubt she would. She's not the best pet owner to be honest. He last Beardie died from neglect.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, ask your cousin if there is sand or other loose substrate in the tank , that could irritate the eye. If so , tell them to take it out ASAP. Just put down newspaper or paper towels. Get some plain saline to very gently rinse it, there may be a speck of something irritating it. Rae honey can be used as ointment, it's a powerful antimicrobial. If honey is used , be extra sure there are no loose bugs hiding in the tank, they could come out at night and attack the eye.

Amalthea

Original Poster
AHBD":1wj2nf0a said:
Hi there, ask your cousin if there is sand or other loose substrate in the tank , that could irritate the eye. If so , tell them to take it out ASAP. Just put down newspaper or paper towels. Get some plain saline to very gently rinse it, there may be a speck of something irritating it. Rae honey can be used as ointment, it's a powerful antimicrobial. If honey is used , be extra sure there are no loose bugs hiding in the tank, they could come out at night and attack the eye.

There's no sand that I know of, and I'll get my mother to pass along the rest of the information thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom