Swollen Inner Eye

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Swollen Inner Eye

Postby Amalthea » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 pm

This is my cousin's Beardie. It has this sort of growth/swelling in it's eye. Does anyone know what it could possibly be?

I'm not too sure about her set-up as we don't live near each other.

[Click image to enlarge]
Amalthea
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Swollen Inner Eye

Postby Xanelic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Amalthea wrote:This is my cousin's Beardie. It has this sort of growth/swelling in it's eye. Does anyone know what it could possibly be?

[Click image to enlarge]

Tell her to bring the little guy to a vet. Growths can be deadly if left untreated
>>Chien is 5 months old<<
Xanelic
Hatchling Poster

Postby Amalthea » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Xanelic wrote:
Amalthea wrote:This is my cousin's Beardie. It has this sort of growth/swelling in it's eye. Does anyone know what it could possibly be?

[Click image to enlarge]

Tell her to bring the little guy to a vet. Growths can be deadly if left untreated

I doubt she would. She's not the best pet owner to be honest. He last Beardie died from neglect.
Amalthea
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi there, ask your cousin if there is sand or other loose substrate in the tank , that could irritate the eye. If so , tell them to take it out ASAP. Just put down newspaper or paper towels. Get some plain saline to very gently rinse it, there may be a speck of something irritating it. Rae honey can be used as ointment, it's a powerful antimicrobial. If honey is used , be extra sure there are no loose bugs hiding in the tank, they could come out at night and attack the eye.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Amalthea » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:04 pm

AHBD wrote:Hi there, ask your cousin if there is sand or other loose substrate in the tank , that could irritate the eye. If so , tell them to take it out ASAP. Just put down newspaper or paper towels. Get some plain saline to very gently rinse it, there may be a speck of something irritating it. Rae honey can be used as ointment, it's a powerful antimicrobial. If honey is used , be extra sure there are no loose bugs hiding in the tank, they could come out at night and attack the eye.

There's no sand that I know of, and I'll get my mother to pass along the rest of the information thanks. :)
Amalthea
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER