What will you do if you were in my place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hello,
Don't give up on her just yet, I see hope.
Okay so here's what I think, She'll eat anything that you put in her mouth, right? I would recommend Dubias and about 6 to 8 of those also depends on how hungry she is. Next, do you have a reptile vet in your area? I'm not saying you should go there, just want to know. 3rd give her more water with the syringe, even a bath once a week, does she like baths?

http://www.bug-de-lite.com/ccp8/

This website is very helpful and has wonderful products. I would recommend some immune boosters such as Spirulina and Bee Pollen from bug-di-lite.

Hope this helps you and I wish you and your BD luck!

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea tks,I put my dragon and the basking to warm up then I gave some carnivore care and she went to sleep afterwards tomorrow I will give some dubias and superworms every 2nd day I give the carnivore care see how she does.she just came of a very stressfull treatment hopefully she bounce back.as long as my feeding my dragon she will live but that is not what I want long term.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hey, i just ordered the giant hubba hut is 5.5 inches in height,i think my dragon does not want to climb my platform i made him which is a shame this dragon is a pain in the arse,im going to have to reaarange all the lights as well as is 3.5 inches lower.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi Birdy to be honest i just can't figure out the dragon if you look at her she looks perfectly healthy she is just not. I made her a nice basking platform but she does not want to climb it, she does not want to do much of anything actually,a while back i bought her a basket at Michael's for he hide she loves it,she also likes to climb on top of it tomorrow i'm going to back to Michael's and get her another basket for her basking platform and see what she does,

to make the story short i bought a sick dragon to begin with shes got something viral that she was born with shew gets sick fairly easy ,i brought it home on a saturday back in March i had animals all my life mainly cats and dogs and i noticed the dragon wasn't acting normal so monday 2 days later i took the dragon to the vet and she got better 2 months later she had coccidia and some pinworms the treatment took 1 month for the coccidia she was on septra very strong antibiotics she's ok now but very lethargic this is being going on since july.Tracy helped me to do the adv test and she is positive so everything fits into place why this is happening maybe thats related to what is happening maybe ill get better maybe it won't.
all i know she is acting like a old dragon and shes only 9 months at the most.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now that it crossed my mind I think this dragon might do better on s 36x2424 I have everything just need to put it together and caulk it she is on a 48x24x24 she was on a 36x18x18 and to me it was very crowded but the dragon did not seem to mind but I never noticed how little she moved as she was going from her food bowls to the basking spot and most times she slept underneath so not much travel there once I moved her to the bigger enclosure I noticed she will stay on the cooler end and of course she was sick I think it just might be the illness whatever she's got that she does not want to move alot or climb anything cuz I know by now the 6 months she is been with me this is not a healthy normal dragon.and needs extra care so I'll try the different basking spot in the mean time I'll start on putting the other enclosure toguether putting everything closer might help.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hi,
That sounds like a good idea! I hope she gets better! I wish you the best!
Sorry she's so sick!
Let me know what happens.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Birdy":2tnhppic said:
Hi,
That sounds like a good idea! I hope she gets better! I wish you the best!
Sorry she's so sick!
Let me know what happens.
To answer you question I live in Dallas,tx area they are many herp vets so far I went to 2 one is more familiar with snakes not so much with lizards he have me the wrong meds the other one much more knowledge but there is nothing the bet can do that I already don't know she got tested for amoeba was negative,I spent 1000 and I'm not spending no more I already suspect since o had her for 6 months she's got a weak immune system and who knows maybe other things going on .and I find strange everything I put her trough like syringes in her mouth assist/force feed she never gave me a black beard just heavy breathing so I know she doesn't like it.and yes she likes baths but I give enough water as it is,is been a couple weeks since I haven't bathe her but I will tomorrow.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so this is been a long discussion the reason I put the topic what would you ? Is I have to do everything for the dragon I have to feed her and put it in the basking spot thankfully she climbs off I don't think this is going to change this is been goin on for at least since July if I continue doing this she will live but I don't know how long at the most she's getting 39 to 40 min a day of basking including uvb. To give a good example today I woke up at 1530 I fed her I put it on the basking spot she stayed there for an hour and she went to sleep inside her hide,now she is not going to come out till I get her out

Birdy

Hatchling Member
That looks cool to me! But considering the slant she may not want to cling to it, but you never know, she might love it too. I know my BDs would love something like that! I may even look into getting one!
I see about the vets. I've had troubles finding a good vet too, I think I've found a good one here. Sorry the vets you went to weren't much help.
Well, no they don't like force feeding, will she eat a bug or anything if you put it right in front of her? Mine like applesauce on a spoon with calcium, bee pollen, and spirulina mixed in, hope that helps you.
Have a good evening!

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok i went to michels and i got this basket i told the lady at the counter what was going on and she took 10 dollars off and i got the cat scratcher at petsmart the basket on the right i got that at michaels a while back and my dragon has no problems climbing that so she should have no excuses not to bask now she can climb on the basket or use the scratcher
97755-4534011316.jpg
97755-3361604526.jpg
so i do care about my dragon its just frustrating.and as you can see i keep no water or food as i'm doing that for her winter i will keep water because humidity is very dry summer the humidity its just right.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
TKS copper since I had her 6 months I suspect she is just weak including her immune system and she just might don't feel like doing anything unless a miracle happens I don't expect to change.ill will put it if but I think is when her states deteriorates like mbd or what ever I'm going to have to put it down she's only getting 1 hour at the most of basking uvb I can feed her but overall she is not getting what she needs it could take a few months or a few years if this continues. But who knows she might feel like doing things again.today I actually had to fight with my dragon to getvto eatvtge roaches I ussually don't have much problems but I did today and I put it on the basking basket she was there for about 1 hour and she went to bed.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardeddtagonlover":37j1ey4d said:
TKS copper since I had her 6 months I suspect she is just weak including her immune system and she just might don't feel like doing anything unless a miracle happens I don't expect to change.ill will put it if but I think is when her states deteriorates like mbd or what ever I'm going to have to put it down she's only getting 1 hour at the most of basking uvb I can feed her but overall she is not getting what she needs it could take a few months or a few years if this continues. But who knows she might feel like doing things again.today I actually had to fight with my dragon to getvto eatvtge roaches I ussually don't have much problems but I did today and I put it on the basking basket she was there for about 1 hour and she went to bed.

OK …. try removing all opportunities to climb other the hide, and physically lower the basking globe and the UV source so she doesn't have to climb to bask or get high UV (A&B).
You could also try giving her VetaFarm HerpaBoost daily to kick start her immune system and metabolism.

She's a long way from being a lost cause IMO.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so you think she doesn't like the potency of the UVB? From where she is at she's getting 90-100 micro watts according to the meter in order for me to lower the basking I will have to install another socket which I have that will lower it 5 inches.ever since I put the T5 she is being acting this way I had a t8 on the cool side and power sun for basking when I had her on the glass tank once I bought the solar meter I realized that where my dragon was basking was only getting 13 micro watts and the T8 where she was at was getting 40.at the same time I put her on this wooden enclosure she got sick but now she is not sick with the coccidia.i still have the T8 I have a 36 inch and an 18 I can put both in there one in the basking and the other on the cold side and she can have her 40 micros again,so you think that's it ? She doesn't like the potency of the uvb? I can fix that quickly,I can lower it to 40 micro watts the way it was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom